Chapter Two

(Unedited)

"I-I-," before I get a chance to actually say anything I hear a throat being cleared behind me. I don't turn around to see who it is but by the way Dana's face lit up, when she looked up, she knew who it was.

"Honey what are you doing here already I thought you weren't coming back here for another week?" Dana asks the mysterious person who is behind me.

"Yeah I know, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to surprise my old lady," Replies a deep, gruff voice, which may I say is very surprising.

Dana's cheek start tinging pink from embarrassment and starts off with a scoff, "Puh-lease I'm not that old," she says while crossing her arms and huffing. Yeah she's right, she looks like a spoiled kid right now who didn't get her way.

"Yeah, whatever," the voice replies, if I'm guessing right now he's rolling his eyes.

Dana unfurls her arms and a delicate, bright smile graces her face, "Oh yeah Lena I would like you to meet someone, turn around." Upon her request I turn around, instead of expecting a person to by a few feet away from me, im actually facing a chest nearly inches away from my face. I look up surprised by what I see. A guy with black wavy hair, mischievous brown eyes, a strong jawline, and a smirk gracing his pink, plump looking lips.

He steps back a step, sticking out his hand, "Im Aiden Barron and you must be the girl I've been looking for my whole life," he finishes whilst grabbing my hand to kiss. I scoff ripping my hand out of his reach, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah totally not, you must be thee Aiden, aka Mr. Golden Boy, Dana's son."

He snickers at what I just called him,"Fiesty I like it." Right before I'm about to reply I'm cut off by a coughing sound. I snap my head around and see Dana trying to hid a laugh, with fake coughing. She smiles innocently at us, "Oh sorry there must've had something in my throat," I eye roll at that," Anyways Aiden this is Lena, Lena Goodall."

It looks like it takes a minute for Aiden to go to a confused face, to a face that looks like it just dawned on him who I was. "Ah so you are the infamous Lena my mom talks about all the time, oh yes I see it now, with the dark brown hair that looks black sometimes, the big round brown eyes," he says scanning me, "oh look even the equally infamous scowl moms told me so much about."

After he finishes that statement I instantly wipe the scowl off my face to a more neutral look, I pretend to look down at my watch that I clearly don't have on my wrist and look up with a mock surprise face, "Oh my gosh look at the time, I must get to work," I start getting up, "And such a pleasure seeing you Aiden hope we don't see each other again." I say with a innocent smile on my face.

I was hoping he would just leave or feel hurt but instead Aiden looks more amused then anything else. I leave the counter to go around to the back to grab my apron, put my things down, grab my notepad and head to the front counter.

When I make it the front I don't see Aiden in sight, which immediately brings a big smile on my face, followed by a big sigh of relief. I get to the cash register and bend down to pick something up, when I hear a throat clear. I get up right away with a big smile on my face ready to be all nice to a customer, but a scowl takes over right away when I see who it is; Aiden.

********************

It's 5pm and I'm just getting off of my shift, which I take in a big breath of relief.

It turned out Aiden decided that he wanted to hang around to bother me. First he took my section of the little place. Then he decided that he needed to order every 10 - 15 minutes something new. It wouldn't of even been that bad, if only he stopped with his stupid coy remarks and equally as stupid pick up lines.

I barely known Aiden for a couple of hours but I could already tell you a couple things about him; he's a little player, arrogant, jerk who is also Mr. Golden Boy in everything. It's beyond irritating.

It's not even like I could kick him out his mom owns the dang place.

When I get all my things, and slip on my jacket I check out," Goodbye Dana see you tomorrow." I wave at her and she responds a quick wave before getting back to work. We have a lot of customers right now. Thank goodness I'm off.

I stepped out of the small but pact place, and into the harsh snow mixed in with wind of winter. Immediately I shove my hands into my coat pocket and grabbing my keys.

Right when I'm about to take my keys out I hear the familiar chime of Dana's and the crunch crunch of the light snow laying on the ground, and feel a tug on my arm. I turn around expecting it to be someone else but nope to the annoying guy again; Aiden.

I take a couple calming breathes with Aiden staring at me amused,"What do you want now Aiden I'm off."

He starts chuckling to himself then opens that big mouth of his, "Well it's not me who wants something it's my mom," oh," she wants to know what you are doing for Christmas." He says awkwardly while scratching his head and shoving his hands in his coat pocket.

Just thinking about Christmas and all the stupid lights, stupid gifts, stupid traditions, stupid stockings and all the family's getting together, sets a frown on my face. "Tell her the usual, nothing just sitting around watching anything that hasn't to do with Christmas and eating pizza."

He looks surprised by my answer. "But wait don't you go see your family or at least friends and hang around with them and exchange gifts or go to the church to see some Christmas play."

I start laughing immediately,"Oh Aiden if only, Christmas is the worst holiday, it just a excuse to get family's who don't want to see eachother together and to get gifts without feeling bad you asked for them." Aiden looks upset with my answer, but I say something before he can get anything out, "As nice as this isn't to stand here talking to you in the freezing cold, I'm tired and would like to go home to sleep, so goodbye," I say whilst opening my door, starting the engine, slam my door and take off down the road before he even knew what hit him.

I get home in 20 minutes due to the traffic which I find surprising, and go inside, changing into dry clothes, climb into bed, and turn on the tv letting my mind drift to the upsetting on Aidens face.

______________

Hello guys!! I know it's short but Thanks so much for all the reads already on this story!!! It means a bunch!

So what do you guys think of Aiden? The look he had on his face? What about Lena and her hatred towards Christmas?

Vote and comment! Don't be a ghost reader!!!