Chapter Three

(Unedited)

Everyday for the whole week, it was the same. Aiden would come in and annoy the living daylights out of me. He always tried to keep me busy, but I haven't seen the troubled look on his face since the first day I met him, which is relieving but I don't know why, I can't forget it.

Dana has come up with the craziest theory though, that me and Mr. Golden Boy are going to end up together or something like that. I know funny right, I mean I can't deny he's really hot but he's personality and overall annoyingness ruins it for me. She hasn't left us or me in better terms alone about it.

Today is the 7th of December which may I say the week went by fast, thanks to Aiden.

"Hey Lena instead of standing there daydreaming about me, why don't you get me a strawberry pastry," Aiden says while snapping his fingers infront of my face.

"Shut up!" Is my brilliant reply.

I go get his pastry from the kitchen while grumbling to myself.

"Lena you okay there?" Dana questions with a concerned look on her face. Oh crap, I forgot she was back her. I must look like a mad woman.

I put on a sarcastic smile, "Oh you know having the time of my life doing everything at the whim of your son."

"Really!" Dana says to excitedly. I'm guessing she didn't catch my sarcasm.

"No." I grab his pastry while heading back to the front counter before I say anything else in front of Dana.

"Here you go," I mumble putting down his plate.

"What's got your knickers in a twist?"

"Dude, did you even say that right."

Aiden seems to think about it for awhile before rolling his eyes, "Whatever, you look like you need a break though," he exclaims while pointing at my stained t-shirt, from all the coffee I spilled today, and my hair that is, was in a ponytail.

"Wow thanks captain obvious."

"I mean I guess you pull off the whole hot, psychotic chic look, but the shirt just makes you lose your edge a little," Aiden replies smirking.

Ew gag me.

"Nice to know that you get turned on by psychotic girls." One point for Lena!

"Whatever , I was going to offer to take you somewhere to eat but I guess not now."

I scoff, "Like I wanna go anywhere-"

I'm cut off right away by Aiden, "Sweets I'm paying, and were not eating here." I perk up a little when he says he's paying and how he was going someplace else. Hmmm maybe I'll go. Wait did he call me sweets?

"Fine I'll go but on two conditions; First never call me sweets again," I say while giving him a pointed look, which he puts he's hand up in mock surrender, "and secondly I get off in 10 minutes for my break so hold on."

He looks happy with what I said, so he nods his head yeah in a up and down motion.

*****************

The ride is kind've awkward and stiff because he tries talking to me at first but when I reply in one worded answers he gives up.

Aiden has a nice car, or should I say truck. Its smells minty and fresh, with a hint of woodsy type of smell. In other words it smells amazing.

It turns out the place that Aiden is taking me to is McDonalds. He's lucky I like it here.

"Let's go," he says as we pull in a parking spot and cuts off the engine.

When we get inside it's less crowded then I originally thought it would be, which may I say I'm thankful for. We both order and go sit down at a table waiting for our number to be called.

"So is your full name Lena or is that a nickname?" Aiden questions with curiosity.

"Full it is," I say cutting myself off to re-word my sentence, "I mean was my mothers middle name," I say rather stiffly. My mothers a touchy subject.

He looks like he wants to ask me another question but thankfully our number being called cuts him off, so instead he gets up to get our food.

Right when he sets down the food, I feel the smell filling my nostrils. I can already taste the amazing fries in my mouth.

I take out all of my food from the bag setting it on the table and about to take a bite when I'm cut off my a cough. I glance up with a curious gaze and notice Aidens hands folded together and his head half way bowed. Oh yeah, he's a Christian, they pray before they eat. I noticed Aiden do it a couple of times before at Dana's and I've also seen Dana do it before, but I feel awkward right now because it looks like he's waiting for me to do the same.

We have a stare down before I finally huff out a puff of air and say," I'm not a Christian or you know um religious," I say awkwardly looking away from him and back to see home still staring.

"It's fine, we'll pray together but I'll pray for the both of us." I just nod my head.

After the awkardness of that situation is over we eat.

About 15 minutes later he finally speaks up, "So why aren't you doing anything for Christmas."

I shrug, "It's just not my thing."

"Not your thing?"

"I just don't like Christmas that much and haven't celebrated or done anything at that time for three years."

"Do you even know what Christmas is?"

I scoff, "Of course I do, it's a time for family and friends."

He looks offended by my answer and locks his jaw. Oh great now what have I done?

**************

When were done eating he drops me back off at Danas and speeds off with a silent goodbye.

It was awkward after I said my last statement at McDonalds he went quiet. He looked troubled the whole we were there and on the drive back.

It haunted me all through my shift and as I made my way home.

Why did Aiden seem to ticked off by what I said?

_________________

Merry Christmas guys!!!! Hopefully I'll be finishing this story today but if not tonight tomorrow!!!

So thoughts on this chapter? What about the strangeness of Aiden? Lena?

Don't forget to vote and comment!!!