30. Sebastian Smythe

"So why in the world did you ask me to come here?" (Y/N) demanded striding into the empty auditorium

     "So why in the world did you ask me to come here?" (Y/N) demanded striding into the empty auditorium. There was a single chair on the stage and Sebastian stood next to it.

     "Just trust me." He replied offering his hand to help her up.

     (Y/N) reluctantly accepted. As much as the relationship between the Warblers and the New Directions were better it still felt like she was betraying her team. Both her and Sebastian were hyper aware of the still unspoken feelings between them, but neither had acted on it.

     Sebastian led her over to the chair and she sat down watching him curious as to what he was up to.

     "Just listen." He ordered staring at her until she agreed with a single nod. He pulled out his phone and a familiar song filtered through the speakers.

      Sebastian stepped backwards never breaking eye contact with the (Y/E/C) eyed beauty he had fallen in love with. 

     "You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide. I know you want me. So, don't keep saying our hands are tied. You claim it's not in the cards. Fate is pulling you miles away. And out of reach from me. But you're here in my heart." 

      Sebastian placed his hands over his heart and then reached out towards (Y/N) beginning to slowly circle the chair she sat in. "So who can stop me if I decide. That you're my destiny? What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine. Nothing could keep us apart." 

      He paused standing in front of her, "You'd be the one I was meant to find. It's up to you," Sebastian pointed at her, "and it's up to me." He bowed low, grinning at her and she couldn't help but smile back. "No one can say what we get to be. So why don't we rewrite the stars? Maybe the world could be ours. Tonight."

     (Y/N) sighed standing up. She raised an eyebrow at him and walked forward. "You think it's easy. You think I don't want to run to you." She stopped in front of him looking up into his eyes.

     He didn't move staring down at her determinedly.

     (Y/N) spun away from him, "But there are mountains." She watched him from across the stage, shaking her head lightly. "And there are doors that we can't walk through. I know you're wondering why. Because we're able to be. Just you and me," She gestured to him and then herself like he had done before.

     "Within these walls," She spun in a circle her (Y/H/C) hair flying behind her.

     "But when we go outside," She pointed angrily to the doors of the theater.

     Sebastian began to stride towards her, but (Y/N) backed away from him halting his movements.

     "You're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all," She sang loudly bowing her head and curling her shoulders in. "No one can rewrite the stars."

     "How can you say you'll be mine?" She looked up at him with tear filled (Y/E/C) eyes almost accusingly. "Everything keeps us apart. And I'm not the one you were meant to find." 

      "It's not up to you." She pointed violently at him, upset by the raging feelings in her. "It's not up to me. When everyone tells us what we can be."

     Sebastian made his way to her cupping her face gently in his hands. 

     She turned away spinning around him so that they stood back to back. "How can we rewrite the stars? Say that the world can be ours. Tonight"

     Sebastian tugged her hand that was still interlocked with his. He picked her up easily and she spread her arms above her head as he sang, "All I want is to fly with you."

       "All I want is to fall with you." She echoed as he dropped her, catching her by her arm before she hit the floor.

     He twirled her back up into his arms, their foreheads resting against each other as they sang in sync. "So just give me all of you."

     "It feels impossible!" (Y/N) cried backing away so that the chair was between them.

     Sebastian jumped on the chair and tilted it so that the back hit the floor and he was once more standing before her. "It's not impossible!"

     "Is it impossible?"

     "Say that it's possible!" He urged her, taking her hand and spinning her around before dipping her low.

      "How do we rewrite the stars?" They sang in unison, dancing around the stage. "Say you were made to be mine?"

     "Nothing can keep us apart." (Y/N) pushed away from Sebastian and he pulled her back as she spun into his arms. "'Cause you are the one I was meant to find! It's up to you!" They leaned towards Sebastian still interlocked in each other's arms. "And it's up to me!" They sang, leaning towards (Y/N).

     "No one can say what we get to be. And why don't we rewrite the stars? Changing the world to be ours."

     The two of them slowed their dancing and (Y/N) paused catching her breath and looking up into Sebastian's eyes. "You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide. But I can't have you." She pushed away from him stepping back. "We're bound to break and my hands are tied." She crossed her wrists over each other before rushing away from the theater stage trying to hold back her tears.