Author's Note

Hello! Before you start reading, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to read my book. Your interest means a lot to me.

This idea came into my head during one of my summer trips to the beach. Prior to that time, the beach was just a nice place for swimming. But in 2019, my interest in writing grew, and the setting brought a whole new meaning to me. The crashing waves, the soft sand, the bright sun, everything spoke to me. By the time I got home there was one thing I was sure of—I had to turn this into a story.

Around this time, the Fantasy Profile on Wattpad was hosting a Fantasy novel contest. The contest, combined with my trip, was the perfect motivation to write this story. I published the first seven chapters (10,000 words) for the contest, and resolved to finish in the summer of 2020. A few months later, I found out that I was a finalist in the contest!

I'm so excited to share this story with you! I've been working on the plot for a year now, and have combined a variety of mythological and fantastical elements to make this story come to life. Prepare for star guardians (Pisces, Virgo, Gemini, Aquarius), a dragon, a cursed island, and lots and lots of sea creatures!

So without further ado, please sit back, relax, and enjoy this fantasy/ adventure story!

This book is a second draft. It's more polished than many of first drafts, but it still has a long way to go. If you have any critiques, please feel free to let me know! I appreciate all feedback, positive, constructive, and brutal honesty.

A huge thank you to _Foxicious for the beautiful cover!

This story is dedicated to my sister. She's my bestie, and the person I can't live without.

 She's my bestie, and the person I can't live without