Chapter 8 - First Monster

A/n: Dude... I tried updating this three times but Wattpad won't let me publish it. This is why I don't like this damn platform.

Anyway, here I have the new chapter. I'm trying to finish as many chapters as I could so you don't have to wait too long. I am really eager to start on season 2, but I just can't stand reading this story and going, "What the hell was that--"

Also, this chapter really took a lot of my energy because I forgot how to describe fight scenes. Fight scenes aren't my forte. I'm more into telling drama, but I hope you guys like this new chapter because it's longer than usual due to the fight scene. 

Also, while rewriting this, I realized just how superior I made Danny. It was clear that I had a huge bias when it comes to Danny back then. I tried making him stronger and smarter than the rest and then made him find out what to do in an instant. I just hope this rewrite makes him less OP. Maybe someone who can act like a regular 16-year-old superhero. 

And another thing, what do you think of my OC's designs? Because I'm planning to change them as the story goes on. Do you want me to establish that their design was already changed, change their design during the rewrite, or change the design in about season 2? I really prefer my OC's new design rather than the current one. 

And with that, enjoy the revised chapter.

Published: June 17, 2020

Edited: May 28, 2023

___

Jake's POV

Since the news about the keys and threat, the three of us had decided to make a system. A system for patrol. The system would be like this: Alternating nights. If Randy goes to patrol this night, and the next night, I go. And after me, Danny goes. And after Danny, Randy. And the cycle continues. Right now, Danny volunteered to do the first patrol.

So, right now, I was waiting for the other popcorn bag to finish then I put them in a bowl. I went to my living room and there sat Howard and Randy arguing about what movie they wanted to watch.

"Terminator 3!"

"Killmonger Prologue!"

"Terminator 3!"

"Killmonger Prologue!"

I asked, "Hey, what's with all this noise?"

The two boys quickly went to Jake and presented the CDs they have picked. I didn't have the same technology as the other kids my age. My family never had those fancy smart gadgets like a smart TV or smart refrigerator. I guess I brought that habit with me. So, instead of Netflix, I had CDs and a CD player. I brought some of my favorites with me. But suddenly, the two boys shoved their chosen CDs in my face and then together, yelled, "WHICH ONE'S BETTER?!"

I looked at the CDs and then laughed. "Well, whatever you want to watch. But if you can't decide, then I'm picking the movie."

"Well, what are you picking?" Howard asked.

I went to my CD collection and then shuffled around before picking a random CD. I showed it to them. It was, "Stars Made Out Of Your Eyes." Now reading the title, I think this was my mom's CD. I don't think I packed any romantic comedies.

The other two looked at each other and then at the CD, then back at each other.

"TERMINATOR!"

"KILLMONGER PROLOGUE!"

I sighed. I put the CD away and then waited on the couch for the final decision between the boys. I chuckled to myself because this seemed like something Spud and Trixie would be doing if we had more movie nights. I wonder how they're doing.