Chapter 17 - Uninvited

A/n: Damn, it took me so long for this chapter. Anyway, hi, hello. 

Life update: Classmates and co had us be prepared for Speech Fest, an event in school that stresses so many people. Like, this is one of the top three biggest performances in my school. Anyway, we got assigned to shadow dancing and I literally had multiple breakdowns because of those late-night meetings in school because I could not take being up on the mountain for too long without my bed. Also got overstimulation at one point. That was fun. We did not win, but we were a close pick. We were supposed to win. 

Anyway, updates on the book, well, I'm trying to muster up the courage to do something. And like, I wanna change the cover but I don't really want to since there's this person who copied the cover I edited so now, I'm just putting it on for spite. I don't like having the same cover as others so that's why I usually have them custom-made. 

Published: July 29, 2020

Edited: March 16, 2020

Danny's POV

"I told you it had poison!"

"It didn't have poison! The Midnight lady just had great timing!"

"Pretty sure it was because the cookies had poison."

Jake and Randy were going at it again and aside from the purple and green painted over my body, they're both giving me a headache.

"Can you both shut up?!" Nigel yelled, hitting Jake on the back of his head before he pulled the boy back so he could continue healing him. "Both of you are supposed to be teammates but you're bickering like bloody children," he scolded in his posh accent.

"Isn't your favorite hobby bickering like children?" Jake retorted, mocking his accent as he repeated what he said.

Nigel glared down at the shapeshifter and then pulled at his hair, making the shorter boy yelp. "Do not mock me, Long. I can make you feel excruciating pain the same way I can heal you."

Despite Nigel's hand, Jake pushed his face in front of Nigel and grinned maliciously, "If you're asking for a date, I would gladly accept, Thrall."

I exchanged glances with the others then we turned back to the two. We have no idea if those two were friends, rivals, or lovers. They acted nice to each other yesterday and the next, they're clawing at each other's throat. Then, they get up on each other's faces like this as if they were moments apart from making out. It was uncomfortably funny to watch. Finally, Howard spoke, "Is it just me or is there intense sexual tension between these two?"

Hilariously, both boys pushed each other away, and with flushed faces, they both began to sputter denials and excuses.

"We're not–!"

"He's not–!"

"I would never–!"

"But he's–!"

"All of you, quiet!" Nomi shouted from atop the stairs. The room grew silent at his command and we waited in silence as his feet descended the stairs until his face was visible under the shadow cast from the second floor's walls, then he scanned the room and each of our states. He came from above from Jake's guest room where Sun lay bedridden, returning to his casual outfit. Nomi didn't have the full capacity of the ninja, but he at least knew the Art of Healing which Sun desperately needed considering the beating she had gotten from the new villain. But even with the Art of Healing, Sun's body was healing slowly.

Nomi sighed as he stepped down the stairs and joined us downstairs. "What kind of attitude is this?" He asked but no one answered. He continued, "This is the attitude of children. A characteristic unbefitting of the prophesized ones meant to hold the gems. Guardians of keys, everybody!" I winced when I heard the heavy sarcasm dripping on his last sentence as he stared at the three of us in contempt. Guilt and shame twisted in my abdomen and I could do little to quell it. He crossed his arms and said, "From now on, you three are going to train under me. We'll align your schedules and try to get stronger." That doesn't sound so bad with the additional training Vlad gives me.