Feel Me

Jan 1' 2020

Hope is contagious.

Happy New Year.

~⋅⊱༄♡༄⊰⋅~

I sat with my dad on the balcony of our house when the fireworks began, lighting up the night sky.

Aroma: Happy New Year! <3

Jimin: Happy New Year! :)

Even though the air was filled with loud, cheerful sounds of the erupting fireworks, my ears only rejoiced in the sounds of those exploding in my heart.

Jimin's POV:

I laid down on the bed with sleep deprived eyes, but this time a smile danced on my lips, a real smile.

I sighed and stared at the ceiling, ready to spend another night trapped in the kaleidoscope of my thoughts, only this time they weren't as twisted like they always were.

Jan 4' 2020

I began to crave that voice.

Despite my fears, I can't help but follow it.

~⋅⊱༄♡༄⊰⋅~

I was fiddling with the corner of the cover of my phone as a source of entertainment while waiting for my Dad to wrap up his last session. Why does he have his clinic in the middle of nowhere? Random thoughts started infiltrating my head.

Dad wanted to take me out for dinner today because he had been really busy the past couple of weeks and realized that he wasn't able to spend time with me. My heart always warmed up at his thoughtfulness. Despite the fact that I've stayed away from him most of my life due to my parents' separation, he never gave me a chance to feel distant, to feel disconnected.

The creaking of the door striked against my ears. I jerked my head up towards the source of the sound as I saw my Dad appearing from behind the door, followed by his patient. My eyes widened as I recognized who it was. Jimin.

This was the second time we were crossing paths at my Dad's clinic. My heart beat accelerated as I took in his form. My mind rushed back to the night at the park and the tingling sensation took over me again.

My Dad approached me with a smile and side-hugged me.

"How are you sweetheart?"

"I'm fine Dad." I smiled back. Then I turned to face Jimin, who stood behind my Dad with hands in his pockets.

"Hi Jimin."

"Hey, how are you?" The corner of his lips twitched upwards, and it refreshed my memory of that entrancing smile, fueling my need to see it again.