Love Me -Epilogue

Feb 14' 2080

Taking a deep breath, I took the two red roses out of my coat, his coat. Bending my knees to sit down, my joints elicited an unpleasant crack, another reminder of my growing age and stolen agility.

Managing as much as I could, I placed the flowers against the gravestone and roamed my eyes over the epitaph. 

A husband, a father, a grandfather, a friend........ A Fighter.

I closed my eyes and inhaled a ragged breath to obstruct the threatening tears, a shaky move for my old age. I didn't stand up, instead I brought my knees closer to my face and a wrapped my arms around them, slightly rocking back and forth. After obliviously staring at the grave stone for a few more minutes I spoke to no one apparently. "I miss you so much."

"Everyone does, our kids, our grand kids." I swallowed a lump in my throat. "I wish you were here to see how big they all are now..."

"I put up quite a fight with them today, like I always do for the past 13 years. They can't let this old lady wander around about her own, but this old lady is as stubborn as you left her. This day is ours, like always." I chuckled, the sound soon transforming into a choked sob as a stream of tears rolled down my cheek, followed by the rest.

Removing a few strands of grey hair sticking to my face, I sniffed and cleared my throat.

"I have no one now. No one to share my pace, no one to clear my confusions and worries. The kids, they try their best all the time, but things can't seem to sort themselves out."

"I'm tired, my heart is getting weaker every passing day, I feel it. I'm not terrified of my breaths slipping out, I just want to see you again." I murmured, placing a hand over my heart.

"I miss you Jimin."

Looking down at my left hand, I traced the fingertips of my right one over the beautiful but slightly worn out ring. It's familiar texture sending goosebumps over my arm at the touch. I reached up to brush away my tears before stretching out my trembling lips into a tight smile.

"I'll come back next year. I know you'll wait. I've already told the kids to reserve my spot beside you, its about damn time." I forced out a laugh.

"Wait for me till I join you in this peaceful sleep, right by your side, never letting go."

I hugged myself with as much strength as I could muster up, before walking away. My silhouette was defined under the dim moonlight, until the darkness consumed me whole.

~⋅⊱༄♡༄⊰⋅~

A/N

Hey guys!

I'm tearing up. I'm sorry for this hard goodbye but I really had this kind of ending planned from the start. Look at the bright side, it isn't a sad ending.

Anyways, thank you to everyone who read this story till the end. I'm really grateful to all of you from the bottom of my heart. If you liked what you read, please comment below your thoughts, I would love to hear them. Also, please click the vote button. It only takes a second, come on!

I'm hoping to write another story, wish me luck y'all! Feel free to leave a message on my conversation board, I would love to interact with you guys <3

Until then, Take care!

-Jia <3