Oblivion untold

10 years of life
10 years in silence
10 years taking things for granted

Sebastian: "January 25, our birthday. The day we were born into this world. Many were overjoyed at our birth. It was perfect, in many ways actually.  The fact that there was no denying that we were our parents' children."

Serenity: "Sebastian's exact resemblance to our father."

Sebastian: "Serenity's features, depending on whether you're a religious or scientific person, to our long ancestor whose our empire's goddess or a mixture of my mom's eyes and our grandma's hair color."

Serenity: "The actual reality that my father got a boy and a girl all in one go. The exact order we were born, Sebastian getting to be crown prince, for those old stubborn geese that still are more for a patriarchal society. The celebration for Seraphina's children's arrival was a total display. The prophecy was confirmed to be broken with us.

We had an good childhood. Our parents were alive and well, no all-out wars, raised in a more than sufficient environment, and had endless amount of necessities provided for our carefully planned upbringing. Only..."

Sebastian: "...there were times that we felt that we were each missing different things that were even very hard for our servants to find for us.

From the start, I always heard how much I resembled my father. Never was there a time that I was not compared to him, mentioned of him, and expected to become or even surpass him. It became what my world revolves around. My time would be spent reading to prepare and educate myself. I wanted more than ever to earn his respect. Yet, somewhere inside of me, I knew that it was hopeless."

Serenity: "My brother is not the only one that suffers from heavy comparison and expectations. Being reverenced as 'the reincarnation of the goddess of war' only amplified my determination not to be like my mother. I just wanted to become my own person, not a shadow of my mother or anyone's. So I would make myself become a perfect member of high class society by conversing at tea parties, learned proper etiquette, and wore only the finest and most stylish articles of clothing. There wasn't a single thing that I was denied or that I was ousted for. There couldn't have been anything that anyone could find fault with me, that except my own mother. Of course my brother and father pointed little mistakes or faults of mines, but it frustrated the most when I would receive a scold from mother because she was the expectation that everyone pinned me up against. Despite my perfected version of a princess, mother would bring up her experience as a commoner for half of her life. Saying thing like, 'How I should not take things for granted, think about how my spendings could be used to help those less fortunate,' and what pisses me off the most, because she is my mother she can really tell how I wear a personified mask in front of mainly everyone and sometimes my own family, 'You do not have to feel that you need to pretend to be someone your not, especially in front of your family.' It's precisely because of them that I wore I mask. 'The daughter of the perfect King and Queen, sister of a the genius crown prince.' We were portrayed as a family of perfection, there was a need to blend in with the depiction my parents had created that me and my brother were expected to fill by other people."

Sebastian: "So in a sense, we were trapped. In a portrait of our great family, sitting in their thrones, our parents. Me standing by father's side as his heir and Serenity by mother's. We were shown as replications of them, expected to become them.

At grand parties, we stood in a large ballroom. By each other sides, feeling the weight of the stares and words from other nobles and their children. With no choice but to be crush, watching as our parents were fulfilling their duties as rulers to interact with their subjects. You would think we'd say that we have no place. That no where felt like we were accepted for who were, but on the contrary, we have a place. It is behind our parents, by our parents, with our parents. We are their children, their legacy, successors."