Chapter 5

The right opportunity

« It is beautiful! It is beautiful! » Urgot says, holding thigh his new familiar.

It does not seem to like that hug, and Viktor fears he has created a sentient mechanical creature, again. Maybe this time ha can give part of the blame to Sylas's magic.

« Let me try if it works... Go, transform! »

The criminal throws the blue creature in the air. After two beats of wings, a warm light envelopes it, and it takes on an appearance similar to Yuuto, Ezreal's familiar. It flies around the room for a bit, happy to be free of his owner before Urgot grabs it and squeezes it again.

« It is beautiful! It is beautiful! Thank you Sylas! »

« Yeah, Sylas, you did a great work with the star magic, » Jinx says with irony, pushing his head.

Sylas bites a slice of pizza angrily and does not answer. He still does not believe that the famous Dark Unshackled has ended up creating magical puppets.

« I will win the prize. I am sure of it! I can not wait to see their faces when I will show it to them! »

Jinx can perfectly image their expressions; she knows well that quintet by now. He will have a perfect exhibition of fake and embarrassed smiles, maybe except for Syndra and Sarah. Sorry, Miss Fortune, that haughty let only friends call her Sarah.

« Wonderful. Now that we have finished, could you just please go home? » Viktor asks dusting the floor from the waste of his work.

« But pizza has just arrived, » Singed complains.

« He is right. I do not want to waste it, » Jinx confirms.

The inventor looks at them fed up; he did not invite them, and they all even insist on staying there, Star Guardian included.

« Do not you have some partners that are waiting for you? » he askes to her.

« Maybe... but it is funnier to see Urgot's degradation than to hear the same lame discussion on our duties, » Jinx answers, taking a slice of pizza and giving part of it to Kuro.

Shiro, in the meantime, has fallen asleep on her shoulders.

« The First Star had to be drunk when she chose you, » Sylas says.

« Hey, that is also my theory! » the girl replies.

« Guys, I have to find a name for it. All the familiars have a name! » Urgot shouts, finally freeing the animal, turned again in his regular aspect.

A huge sigh comes from the presents, unbelieving they are in that situation. If a group of villains gathers, it is for drawing up evil plans, traps to lure their enemies, winning strategies, not for consulting on the name of a creature that soon would regret to be born.

« I have no idea how you have ended up like this, » Jinx says, as she has just read their thoughts.

« It is all your fault! You do not think of us as enemies! You have stopped to fight us because you think we are outdated! The CEM is in crisis because of you! Do you know what the CEM is? » Singed shouts.

« No, but I know that if you spend the whole day wallowing in self-pity, you will not get anything. »

« She is right,» Viktor says, stopping dusting the floor, « It is true that once we had the spotlight and we did not have to rival some cosmic abortions, but nobody had taken away our skills. »