Chapter 7..?

Steven's POV

It's been days since I was stuck here on Homeworld..
The giant diamond keeps that white version of Pearl near me all the time.

"Ehem." The Pearl coughed.

I turned my head and looked at her. I wonder what she wants now?

"Erm.. Is there something you.. want?" I replied, hesitant with my words.

"My Diamond requests your presence once more! She has a surprise for you." The Pearl stated loud and clear, as if the Diamond was here herself.

"Oh..- Can I skip this one? I don't really wanna see her- between you and me, heh.. She scares me a lot.." I said.

The Pearl tilted her head.

"Noted. You may not miss this visit, however. Come along!" She exclaimed with an angered hush in her tone.

A bubble encased the both of us.

The bubble soon popped and I saw the big Diamond again.

"Ah, Starlight! Welcome. I have a splendid surprise for you that I'm sure you'll just adore!!" Her voice boomed.

I slightly rolled my eyes, and waited for it.

Oh my god.

"Guys..?!" I shrieked as I saw the trio.

I ran towards them in a panicked rush of happiness, only to be stopped by an invisible wall.

"Wh- Hey! Let me get to-"

"All in good time, my sweet." The Diamond murmured. "Your little friends need to catch up on all that's happened first! Then.. you may reunite."

I sighed sadly, only to be interrupted by the Gems yelling.

"You let him go this instant! We agreed that you would let us see him in return for our arrest!!" Pearl yelled, while Garnet held her back.

Amethyst started shouting "You lying dirtbag! We're so gonna beat your butt now!" To be also held back by Garnet.

The shouting continued as the Diamond sat there smiling.

I couldn't take it anymore.

"Shut UP!" I shrieked, letting my voice echo through the room, silencing everyone.

"I don't wanna see you guys fight!!" My sobs began overpowering my words slowly. "I wanna see you guys too.. I wanna hug you! But if you don't listen to her- You're.. You're gonna be-" I choked.

The Diamond chuckled quietly.

"She is correct. You shouldn't yell at your superior leader. I will be kind though, and let you reunite with Pink. Be reminded, however, your arrest is guaranteed."

The wall lifted and the Gems ran over to me.

Pearl hugged me first.

"Oh, Steven! Did they hurt you? Why is sh-" Pearl paused. Her eyes widened before her hands clutched her mouth, tears filling her eyes.

She frantically lifted my shirt to reveal the Diamond in place of the Quartz.

Her eyes burst out with tears as she touched the gem.

"Steven- They.. found out.. didn't they?" She said in a whispered tone.

Confused as to how Pearl of all people knew, I nodded slightly.

Amethyst and Garnet stared at the gem on my naval.

"What.. I don't understand.. You're.." Garnet stumbles across her words.

It was the first time I saw her questioning everything.