Getting ready for nationals

Kenma woke up that morning excited to go play shoyou in their nationals game today,but after about 5 seconds of being awake he wished he would've stayed asleep.His head was pounding,he was freezing,his nose was clogged and his throat hurt so bad.If he didn't know today was so important he would've stayed home,but he knew all his teammates and his coach would be disappointed.So,despite how he felt,he got up and got ready then started to head to school to get on the bus.When he reached the school and saw the bus,he wished he would've stayed at home.He felt 10x worse than he did this morning,if that's even possible considering how bad he already felt earlier.He slumped his way over to kuroo and layed his head against him.Kuroo,being the good friend he is,quickly realized something was wrong,but thought kenma probably just stayed up late playing video games or something.It was only when they boarded the bus he really realized it wasn't just him being tired.Kenma slumped down next to kuroo and immediately layed his head against the captain.There were 3 people to a seat so Yamamoto was sitting next to them,talking up a storm,but kuroo quickly told him to shut up when he realized that the small setter had already fallen asleep on him.A frown quickly found it's way to his face as he reached his hand out to feel the younger boy's forehead.It felt like his head was boiling,but the boy was visibly shaking.The captain took off his jacket and layed it across the boy as yamamoto gave him a questioning look.Kuroo sighed,and whispered that he thinks kenma is sick and it feels like he has a fever.The Mohawk'd boy quickly looked down at their poor little setter.He indeed did look sick,his cheeks were flushed,even though his skin was paper white.The boy had bags under his eyes and was still shivering.The 2 players kept quiet the rest of the ride as to not wake up kenma.Once they arrived at their destination,Yamamoto got off as kuroo waited with kenma so they could be the last ones off.He carefully shook the boy awake and whispered that they were there.Kenma quickly obliged but stopped for a second after he sat up too fast.Kuroo saw this and stood up helping up the younger boy to get off the bus.They finally caught up with their teammates by the entrance as they all stared with excitement,except for kenma who was snuggled against kuroo's shoulder.All of a sudden,Kenma's senses flooded him and he let out a sneeze before he could even comprehend what was happening.Everyone else looked shocked,some even disgusted.Yaku quickly offered him a tissue and scolded him for not covering his mouth.Kenma flinched at the loud noise but obliged and took the tissue.He quickly blew his nose and kuroo took the dirtied tissue from him and threw it in the trash as the setter snuggled his head into the bed head's chest.The rest of the team questioningly looked at the duo and kuroo sighed and told them kenma was sick.The rest all said audible awws as they looked to see the poor setter.The captain carried kenma into the gym despite the questioning looks other teams gave them but the other nekoma teammates quickly surrounded them so as not to attract too much attention.When they got to the gym the coach quickly asked why Kuroo was carrying their precious setter.Kuroo replied by saying that kenma was sick.The coach looked worried but it didn't seem the worry was for kenma but for the team. "Did he throw up?" The coach asked. "Well,no",kuroo said, "but I think he has a fever and he's just not feeling good." The coach wiped off his sweat and said that since he didn't throw up he still had to play. "But coach-" Kuroo started but was cut off by their coach shaking his head.The captain walked over to the court and attempted to put the boy down but was stopped when the young setter interrupted "K-Kuroo?" He whined almost ready to cry.Kuroo quickly asked what was wrong.Kenma started sobbing into the captain's chest and whispered "it hurts" to his friend.Kuroo's heart broke hearing that and the rest of the team turned when they heard the setter sobbing.They all gave him a look of aww as the referee announced that the game would start now.As they started calling all the players in the starting line up,kuroo told them to call him and kenma together so he could carry him.When they called both their names people were confused but kuroo went up and high fives the manager but skipped the coach,while he was carrying kenma.He set the setter down in his spot and sighed wishing he didn't even have to play,but he knew he couldn't do anything but hope that he didn't have to move around much.Everyone looked at nekoma's setter before the referee blew the whistle,signaling karasuno to serve.Daichi(karasuno's captain) served and nekoma's libero successfully received and sent to kenma.The setter shakily sent the ball to their ace but it was a bit off,however the ace still managed to score them a point.Kenma apologized but the ace said it was alright.Next it was nekoma's turn to serve.The referee blew the whistle and Kuroo threw up the ball and served.He was too worried about kenma though,so It just touched the net and fell on the other side.He played it off like he meant to do so,and nobody noticed that he actually didn't.

~*Time Skip*~

It was now the end of the third set and the score was 21-24 with nekoma in the lead.Nekoma had lost the first set since kenma's tosses were way to obvious.Before the 2nd set the coach had lectured him for that and ever since kenma focused as much as he could.yaku recieved the ball and sent it to kenma,who used the last of his strength to confuse karasuno and then send the ball to lev who scored there last point.Everyone on nekoma screamed loudly and cheered.Kenma forced a smile on his face before he started feeling faint.He finally choked out "K-Kuroo!" Before his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell limp.Nekoma's captain turned when he heard his name called,and what he saw made him nearly scream.He ran up and caught kenma before his limp body hit the floor.The bed head was nearly in tears,and nobody else had seemed to notice the situation before he yelled out "SOMEONE HELP!" everyone turned to look at the captain holding the unconscious setter.The coaches immediately ran over to the pair and helped lay kenma on his back.They felt the boy's head and realized it was much hotter than it should be.The managers quickly came back with a cool washcloth which they placed on kenma's head and a few ice packs to lay on top of him.The captain let tears stream down his face in worry for the boy.He turned to nekoma's coach and said "this is all your fault" Karasuno's coach and manager's turned to him and said "what?!?" Kuroo simply replied by telling them how they told their coach kenma was sick but he still made him play because he hadn't thrown up but he still had a fever.They all turned to the coach who just rubbed the back of his neck and slowly nodded.Karasuno's coach quickly brought him into the other room to lecture him while tears were still streaming down kuroo's face in worry for kenma.No one dare point it out though,it would just make the captain feel sorry that he let his own emotions show through and say how he's a third year and the captain so he needs to keep it together or something stupid like that.After a few hours(and what felt like forever to kuroo) kenma finally fluttered open his eyes only to be met with ones full of worry.Kuroo was the first to realize he was awake and immediately pulled him into a hug and screamed his name "Kenma!" Kuroo screamed and everyone else turned to see him holding the boy in his arms. "Hey kuroo" kenma weakly replied with a small smile. "Thank god your okay!" Kuroo practically screamed.Kenma then realized the dried tears on the captains face and asked why he was crying.The captain simply just said he was so worried about him.Kenma blushed and let his head rest on the bed head's chest.

(A/N) Hey guys!hope you enjoyed this little sickfic with kenma and kuroo,I might do another one where kenma get a cold or kuroo gets a cold idk 😅 Tell me some other requests in the comments the next one will probably be ushijima x tendou or bokuto x Akaashi