Chapter 5: USJ

Y/n didn’t talk to any of us after our mock battle, even during lunch. I looked outside to see her tired and she was holding her stomach. I then remembered that I never gave her her bento box back and that I’ve made her lunch. I got up from my seat and brought the box and my lunch with me and went outside.

I sat down next to her, she didn’t even have lunch with her today and her stomach growled intensely, did she even have breakfast? “Hey dumbass, here eat this,” I gave her her bento box back. She opened it, I cooked an omelet along with fried noodles for her this morning and kept in my bag until now. 

All she did was look down at it, I started to get even more worried about her. “Are you eating okay? My cooking isn’t that bad right?” I asked sarcastically but she didn’t even crack a smile. She looked very weak, did she even eat last night, is she hydrated. “Hey are you alright? Here eat something,” I held up food for her to eat but she shook her head. I tried giving her my rice which she only ate for lunch yesterday but she pushed my hand away.

“Hey did you get in trouble because I didn’t give your bento box back?” her expression froze and that gave me the answer, no bento, no food, “Did you have anything to eat since you got home yesterday?” I questioned and she shook her head.Shit it’s all my fault, Y/n only ate what her father gave her and it was only enough for her to still walk and now she was sluggish and drained of energy.

She stood up with her bento in hand but as soon as she began to walk she fell over. I quickly put my lunch down and caught her and the bento. “H-Hey dumbass,” I sat her up and held up some of the food inside the bento. “Come on, eat” She finally gave in and took a bite. She began eating the lunch I made her.

A smile formed on her face, “It’s really good,” I snickered, “Well of course I know how to cook you idiot, now you can go home with something in your stomach.” I chuckled but I then realized I said the wrong thing. She trembled holding her hand up to her mouth, I didn’t know what to say so I ended up blurting out, “Well if you didn’t eat you would’ve passed out and Recovery Girl would’ve sent you home early.” Her eyes widened even more but she looked a little relieved that she’d eaten.

“Dumbass..” I mumbled, rolling my eyes. 

The next day Y/n came in with a smile on her face, the energy in the room enlightened in her presence. We had our morning classes as usual then we had lunch, everyone exited the classroom except Y/n which was going through her bag, I went to the door before I felt her hand tug at my uniform.

“What do you want, dumbass?” I scowled at her, I looked to see a bento in her hand, not just one, there were two of them. She gave me one of them, “Thank you Katsuki,” she said as a smile lit up in her face, thank god no one was able to see this, they would be all of Y/n and me. “Thanks, NOW WIPE THAT STUPID LOOK OFF YOUR FACE AND LET’S GO ALREADY,” I yelled at her to hide my embarrassment. She only laughed at me, “Idiot,” she said and it irritated me.

“EH WHAT DID YOU SAY TRY SAYING IT TO MY FACE DUMBASS” all she did was laugh harder, EH WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!” I grabbed the collar of her shirt and scowled at her, she was laughing so hard tears formed in her eyes. “Tch” I let go of her collar.

“Hey Katsuki wait up,” she giggled trying to stop her laughter, “HUH HURRY UP YOU DUMBASS OR I’LL LEAVE YOU BEHIND!” We went to the cafeteria and Y/n finally decided to come sit with me and the others. She was a little more talkative now as she warmed up to the others.

Dumbass needs to learn how to take care of herself, I don’t know who her father is but he shouldn’t lay another finger on her now.

Y/n’s point of view