5.2.1

Liam and I walk into school, and I look around at all of the passing students with a frown. "Have you ever been to an actual high school?" He wonders. "Most of my foster homes preferred us to be home schooled." I shrug. "Well, luckily, you have me" He smiles and I smile back as a kid comes up to us, looking between us with a smile. "Hi, you must be Clover. Liam's told me about you. I'm Mason" The kid introduces himself.

"Hi, Mason. Nice to meet you. And you're Liam's best friend?" I bring up and he nods his head. I notice the book in his hand and point at it. "What's that?" I ask curiously. "Oh, right. Liam" Mason nods as Liam starts walking and we follow him. "This is the one I was telling you about. I got it from a rare book dealer in Germany. Cost me two hundred bucks, but it was totally worth it" He explains as he flips through it.

"You're still reading about this stuff?" Liam sighs. "I was attacked by an armor-plated giant wearing a bear skull. It left an impression." Mason says stopping on a page. Liam nervously looks around as I raise an eyebrow at Liam. Did Mason not know about the Supernatural? "Look. Look. Have either of you ever seen anything like this?" He points at the page he stopped on where this giant creature was with a skull on it's head was. I shake my head at him.

"Uh, no. Never." Liam lies. Okay, so obviously Mason didn't know and that must have been something Liam and the rest of the pack have been against before. It looked pretty big though and it was only a picture so I could only imagine what it looked like in real life. Liam starts speed walking away again. "And then there's this whole section about the Nagual. Have you ever heard of the name...Tez-Tezcat-" Mason stutters out the word, not sure how to pronounce as we stop right outside the classroom door, Liam looking over his shoulder at the book.

"Tezcatlipoca" Liam says easily and Mason stares at him in shock as I raise an eyebrow at him. He shrugs it off quickly. "No. No, I've never heard of him" He denies before walking in the class. "Have you?" Mason asks me. "Sorry, never heard of it" I shrug and he sighs, walking in as I follow after him. I find an empty seat and take it while Mason sits behind me. "Take your seats, everyone." The teacher, a Korean man calls out. Liam goes to sit in the seat beside Mason but falters. "Oh!" He groans as he notices the person in the seat beside it.

I look over at the girl as she sweeps some hair out of her face, glancing at Liam while I stare at her with wide eyes. Damn, did she look hot. Liam continues to stand though. "Great" He mutters. I look at Mason confused. "They have some history together" He informs me. "Like, dating history?" I ask, feeling slightly disappointed. "No, like, fighting history" He tells me. "Oh" I nod in understanding. The girl blows a bubble with her gum before popping it and I bite my lip as I look at her.

Liam looks around for another open seat. "Liam" The teacher calls out as Liam continues to look around. He glances back at the mysterious girl who sends him a glare. "You're not gonna just stand there, are you?" The teacher asks. I look up at the board where his name was. Mr. Yukimura. Oh, he must be Kira's Dad. "Maybe" Liam nods. "The whole semester?" He asks. "Maybe" Liam nods again. "I'll switch with him" I volunteer myself quickly.

"Thank you, Miss..." "Wolfe" I tell him and he smiles as I stand up, grabbing my stuff and sending Liam a wink as he smiles appreciatively. Little did he know, I only did it so I could sit next to whoever this girl was. I send the girl a smile and she smiles back. "All right, welcome to History 103." Mr. Yukimura starts off. Something tells me this was gonna be a fun class.

~~~

"Look, I'm not saying I believe all of it a hundred percent, but people around us seem to know things" Mason rambles following after Liam and I as we send each other a look. "How long has he been talking about this?" I whisper. "A while" Liam sighs and I nod. "Like Lydia, she knows things." Mason adds as we approach mine and Liam's lockers. That's right, they put mine next to his, luckily, so it would be easier for me.