Lee

A lot of people don't know me. I've never been recognised by anyone. That's okay though, don't feel bad. I'm used to it. I had a few friends but mostly no one even knew who I was. Enough about my sad life, let's get to my death.

I was fighting next to my brothers and sisters. I and a few others were in charge of holding off one of the giants. Kronos had just risen and his army was invading the camp. Needless to say, it was not a good day.

My brother, Will, was shouting orders over the commotion. "Stab him there!" "Don't leave your back unguarded!" and about a million other things. I would never admit this anyone when I was alive, but I looked up to Will. Even in a war, he fought hard and at the same helped people who had gotten hurt. I wanted to be just like him. Too bad I didn't live long enough to tell him he was my hero.

I was trying my hardest to stay alive. Before all this, I led my siblings in an attack against a drakon that was circling the camp. I barely made it out, even if I acted confident. I did it for them. This was different though, there were no magical borders protecting me this time. As I was fighting, I saw a boulder come flying straight towards me.

"SCATTER!" Will screamed.

I didn't realise what was happening until it was too late.

I should have jumped, moved, made an effort... Anything. But all I could do was stare at the rock growing bigger by each second. Stupid me. When it hit me, I got crushed like a soda can. My bones shattered into a thousand pieces, turning to dust in my body. I screamed at the top of my lungs from the pain that was flowing through my veins, but no one could hear me. Right before I felt my skull cave in from the pressure, I managed to think to myself, I'm sorry, Will. I wish I could be as good as you. I'm sorry I'll never tell you that. Then everything went dark, and I was alone.

;;;

Three old ghosts stood before me. "I say Asphodel. No one knew who he was."

"He died in battle."

"He watched a boulder crush him."

"Pathetic."

"I say Elysium." Apollo poofed in from nowhere. "He spent every waking moment protecting his camp even though no one knew who he was. He protected people who bullied him because it was the right thing. Maybe he didn't die sacrificing himself, but any death in battle is honourable and Lee Fletcher spent his entire demigod career giving up his life to people who didn't give him the respect he deserved. I saw him. I noticed him. He deserves Elysium." Apollo took a deep breath and looked at the ghosts daring them to argue.

"I think... We can arrange that," the oldest muttered.

"Good." My father turned to me. "Don't think you went unnoticed, kid. I watched over you and I love you very much. I am sorry your life ended before it was supposed to but... That's fate. Will was proud of you. He noticed you too, he told me he was proud of you; how upset he was about your death. He was the only one prayed for you. Good luck, kiddo." He winked and poofed into nothingness.

;;;

I spent most of my time in the medic room of Elysium. Who knew dead people got hurt so often? After a few weeks, I became the doctor there. Even though I was dead, I still helped people. After a few months, I started helping people cope with being dead. I counselled them and offered advice. Some people just wanted to talk about their old lives. After the war with Kronos, I saw a lot of familiar faces in my office, yet, none of them knew who I was. They told me things I already knew from before I died but I pretended I didn't know anyway. I heard about people's first lovers, how their death felt, their parents. Everything.

I spent my whole life trying to be noticed. That was before I realised that sometimes the greatest heroes aren't always in the spotlight. Sometimes no one even knows who they are. If it wasn't for me, all these people in Elysium wouldn't be able to cope as easily with their death, and yet, no one could remember my name. Maybe this was my destiny. To die, and help the people of Elysium.

Whoever is reading this, just know that even if you aren't noticed you can still do good. Often the best people are the ones who do the little things even when no one cares about them. Even if no one sees the good you do, they would notice if you didn't do it. No one knows what they have until it's gone. I believe in you. I am proud of you. Follow your heart and spread kindness, do what you were meant to do and own it. If you pick up that little bit of trash on the sidewalk, the ocean will notice. If you help someone with their homework, they'll notice when they pass the class. They won't always say thank you or recognise it. But some part of their heart will.

Stay strong. Be a hero.