Silena Beauregard

I'm not one for extra details. I am in Elysium right now with my Charlie. He wrote about his death and afterlife and I agreed to write about mine. I don't like to talk about it, or my life. I spent years betraying my camp. My family. Then I died with poison in my face pretending to be my best friend. It wasn't a good day.

I decided the only way to get the Ares campers to battle was to get them to follow Clarisse, the only problem was Clarisse refused to lead them. So I did. Then, I charged the drakon. When it spat that poison in my face... That was the worst pain I'd felt in my entire life.

I don't even know how to put it into words. Imagine bleach, vinegar, and lots and lots of salt boiled until it reaches around 4,000 degrees. Now imagine that being poured on your face. It hurt more than that. Fields of Punishment level hurt. I knew I was going to end up there, but then I didn't.

I don't deserve Elysium.

Kronos wouldn't have been able to invade New York as easily if it wasn't for me. Not as many people would have died.

I had Charlie though. That made everything a little better. Even though I betrayed everyone I knew, they still celebrated me as a hero. They didn't care that I was a spy, they just cared that I sacrificed myself to make sure the Ares cabin got there in time to prevent world domination. That's what family does. They honoured my death and saw me as a hero.

From Elysium I watched people fall in love. I played matchmaker. I had a talent for that sort of stuff. I could usually tell who was going to date who just by looking at them. Percy and Annabeth, Nico and Will, Grover and Juniper, and so on. Maybe it was because I was an Aphrodite child, or maybe it was something else. But even though I got lots of people killed, I was working on making it up down in Elysium making others happy. It was the least I could do. All I know is that my mother would be proud that I was making it right in the end. In the name of love.

In the name of love.