Chapter 7

"That jerk!" Kaylin yelled when I told her what had happened to me at dinner.

"I know right? He was so mean! But then...I was recused," I happily sighed.

"By Prince Charming," Kaylin commented, "it's so sweet that he even gave you his letterman so he could see you again!"

"Oh I'm not taking this thing off for a long time," I smiled. Even though I promised I wouldn't like anyone...I might have a baby crush on Henry.

The next morning, before class was to start that next day, I decided to go out and tour the campus some. The trees were awfully green this time of year. I took my computer case and strapped it around my waist. Then I brought my headphones along too, they were around my neck and connected with my phone to play some Jamie Grace songs. She was my favorite Christian artist. I found a tree that was really shady and faced my dorm building. Then, I set up my computer. On it, I went to writing. I wrote about my so far experiences in college and what I hope to accomplish. I looked up every once in a while just to see the blue cloudy sky above me.

"Our God is amazing," I would whisper to myself, "He has created all this beauty, and I feel His presence."

I got out my iPhone and went to my Bible app (because I didn't bring my actually Bible out with me). I looked at the verse of the day.

It read: "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." 1 John 1:14.

Then I looked down at yesterday's verse of the day which said, "As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything." Ecclesiastes 11:5.

And the day before that said, "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness." James 1:2-3.

As I read these verses, I compared then to my own life and really took them to heart. "We have seen God's glory" just like I see it through His creation! "You do not know the work of God" so I do not know what God has planned for me but according to Romans 8:28 I know that it'll be good! Then the James verse really hit me hard because I am going through a trial and have been for a long time....but I hate to talk about it to strangers and here...well everyone was a stranger to me. But, I should be glad that God had chosen me for such a task....yet, why was that so hard?

As I thought and prayed, I heard a voice come from above me.

"Hey," said a cautious voice.

It was 'him.'