Fenrir | A Teasing Tansy

It was a warm spring evening and a crescent moon hung low in the sky overhead.

Sirius had given some of his best flowers to the other Black Army leaders as gifts, and now one sat in a flowerpot on the windowsill, watching over us. Fenrir had invited me to his room so we could relax and spend time together, and he was teaching me how to play chess

Fenrir: "Basically, it's a game about protecting your king at all costs. And not sacrificing your pieces pointlessly."

"Anything else?"

Fenrir: "Well, now that you know how all the pieces move—learn to make use of all of them effectively.

"I'll try." I had a vague idea how chess was played before you shoed me—but knowing the rules and actually applying them are two different things.

Fenrir: "Don't worry too much. The best way to improve at chess is to keep playing. "

"Okay. I'll give it my best shot then."

We'd moved the pieces around while Fenrir showed me how the game worked, but now we both moved them back to their starting position.

Fenrir: "I could put an extra handicap in place to restrict my strongest pieces, too. What do you think?"

"No, that's okay. I want to see exactly how you make use of your pieces, too!"

Fenrir: "Okay, gotcha. Then I'll just let ya be white, so you can go first."

Being able to make the first move would give me an advantage of some kind, right?"'

"Okay! Thanks Fenrir!" His grin was as bright as ever, and I grinned back at his as our first game f chess began.

Whew, an actual game of chess really requires a lot of thinking and planning... and some guesswork, too. The game was heating up, and I studied all the pieces on the board before I finally reached out and moved one of my pieces.

I think that was the best move I could have made. Well, that I know of as a beginner anyway. I glanced over a Fenrir, wondering if anything in his expression would give him away.

Hotdamn, Fenrir.

His pale pink eyes were bright as he stared intently down at the board, and they seemed to gleam in the diffuse sunlight from the window. His hair fell in his face, and he brushed it back absently, all his attention fixated on the board, and I realized I couldn't stop staring. I love seeing you like this, all intent and focused.

Ahh, how do you get away with being so gorgeous no matter what you do?

Slender dingers reached out to pick up his knights and move it, and then his lips curve upwards into a smirk.

Fenrir: "If you let yourself get too caught up in me, you'll bring about our own ruin." His eyes lifted to meet mine at last, but it was the wicked smile ion this lips that set my heart racing.

"Okay, okay!" but I you want me to focus in the game, you need to stop looking so damn sexy! I looked down at the board, trying to figure where his knight was headed, and then I reached for one of my pawns.

Fenrir: "Wait, that's not a good move. Another 8 moves and I'll be at checkmate."

"Wait—are you saying you can read the game that far ahead?"

Fenrir: "I guess, look, for now your best bet is to use your rook as a guard." Fenrir reached out and picked up one of my rooks, moving it across the board.