Chapter 8 - Malibu 24-MXZ

You sat on the bow of the HMS Pogue the next morning. You could feel the sun warm your skin as you sat next to JJ. He whistled. You turned your head to see what had caught his attention, bringing a hand up to your eyes to stop the glare.

"You guys see that?" he was referring to a very expensive boat floating towards you. You had seen it before, of course, David was the one who sold it, "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ the world's finest wake setter."

"Number one in luxury, quality and performance," you recited. JJ turned his head towards you throwing you a confused look. You turned back to see the rest of your friends staring at you in astonishment. You dropped your hand from your forehead as you sighed, "David sells them alright? His salesman speech is etched in my brain," you explained.

JJ chuckled, throwing a hand over his shoulder pointing at the boat that began to go past you,

"That's 200k, easy."

"We picked the wrong parents," Pope said deflated.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend," Kie pointed out as the boat floated past. Sarah Cameron, former best friend of you and Kie, rose her glasses onto her forehead as she turned her nose up and tightened her grip on Topper. You rolled your eyes as Kie continued, "You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch."

You could tell Kie was raging but you kept quiet. This had been a sensitive topic for a while now. Sarah had never necessarily done anything that bad to you, but she was pretty horrible to Kie and when you would try to get Sarah to be reasonable, she would just block you out, so you stopped trying.

It was later that day when the 5 of you pulled John B's van into the car park of the golf club.

"Keep a look out, we're behind enemy lines," JJ spoke from the passenger seat, pulling the gun out of the glove box.

"JJ" you scolded as you stood on the outside of his door.

"You, come on, man. Just put it back," John ordered him as he switched off the engine.

"You can never be too careful," he countered. You ran a frustrated hand across your forehead as Pope came to stand next to you.

"I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve."

"Thank you, Pope," you said, diverting your warning stare back to JJ to which he just shrugged.

"I swear to God, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ," Kie stuck her head next to him inside the van, "Put it back."

JJ sighed. You plucked the gun from his hand through the window, shoving it into the glove box before slamming it shut. He looked at you offended,

"You can't grab a gun like that," he reprimanded. You just rolled your eyes as you yanked his door open for him. "Can't forget my badge," he said, leaning back inside the door, "professional bus boy."

He finally climbed out of the car, allowing you to slam it shut behind him. He draped an arm over your shoulder as the group of you walked towards the service entrance.

"What are we doing here again?" Pope asked.

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now," JJ explained.

"Why can't we just use it at Y/N's house?" he asked again.

"We've got power but no Wi-Fi," you explained, leaning around JJ's body to talk to him as you walked. "I've been using data; besides, we need a proper computer to access the coordinate finder program."