Chapter 8

"It's bigger on the inside!"

"Really? I hadn't noticed," the Doctor retorted as he pressed buttons and flipped switches.

Willow, now clean, watched happily as Ruby ran in and out of the blue box.

"No invisibility cloak, nothing!" Ruby's eyes shined like a child's. "Is it magic?"

The Doctor wrinkled his nose, like he was offended. "No, it's physics," he put up a finger as she opened her mouth to ask another question. "Complicated physics."

"Oh he's sassy," Ruby said and glanced at Willow. "You're exactly like each other!"

After a while, Ruby stopped walking around and bowed her head with appreciation. "Thank you. This... this is crazy!"

"Does it change your mind?" Willow asked with hope.

Ruby folded her arms.

Understanding the gesture, Willow pursed her lips. "Sorry. It was worth a shot."

"Yeah, I know," she said before going silent. "I'd better be going now, wouldn't want this to get too sappy... just stay safe, alright? Can't have you getting hurt up there."

"As long as I have the Doctor, I can promise that I'll be fine," Willow assured her.

She gave a final hug to Willow and nodded to the Doctor before slowly walking away.

Willow waved as Ruby took one last look at the TARDIS and closed the doors behind her.

"She was nice," the Doctor commented.

"Very," Willow agreed. She cleared her throat as she recalled the conversation between the Skin and the Doctor.

"Did you really do that? To... Gallifrey?"

The Doctor clenched his jaw. "Willow-"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to," she sucked in a breath, recalling their last argument on the Rotarian planet.

"No," he said, sighing. "I did. I stole the TARDIS and fled. I left my people to die and in the end, I was alone. Even now... I'm alone."

Willow placed a hand on his shoulder. "No, you're not," she shook her head. "You've got me. You will never be alone. Not again, not ever. I swear."

She tilted her head up confidently. "You heard me back there. There's so much more out there than this piece of rock that floats in space. I can't just sit here, moping around. Not after Dad. He'd want me here... with you."

Willow leaned forward, a grin dancing on her lips. "Let's be alone together."

The Doctor looked deep into her eyes with excitement. He smiled before taking her hand with his own. He guided them to the main lever before wrapping his hand with her's around the handle.

"Well then," he replied, pulling the lever down and sending them through space and time...

"Allons-y!" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! x

I already have written the next story (i know, im a writing machine, partially because i have nothing else to do) so look out for that in the near future!

 The upcoming story was by far my favorite story to write out of the three, and I hope you'll enjoy it as well <3