Chapter 3: Realization

"Sein! Sein! Why are you doing this? Open the door!"

Duchess Ernia, Carsein's mother repeatedly knocked the door, asking the boy to open it. The red-haired boy sat on the floor beside his bed. Recalling the things that had happened in the morning.

***

"Oh my, did you forget your own age? You're 15 right now and this year is year 960 of the Castina Imperial Calendar."

'What?'

"Wait, so I'm 15 years old? And this is year 960? That can't be! I'm supposed to be 20 this year and it's year 965!" Carsein yelled at the maid.

"What are you talking about, young master?" Layla asked him worriedly. "Did you have a bad dream?"

Carsein went silent. He went to the bathroom and looked into the mirror. A younger appearance then he was before.

'Wait... I went back in time? But how??'

"Young master! So where do you want to have breakfast?" The maid followed him to the bathroom.

Carsein stepped out of the bathroom and went back to his room, and just before anyone else can come in he closed the door and locked it.

"Young master? Is there something wrong? Please answer me, young master!"

***

After a few hours waiting for things to go back to normal, his wait was useless. Carsein tried to convince himself that he's dreaming right now, but he felt pain when he pinched his hand.

'Did I... really go back to the past?'

He looked all around the room, and then found something that he has never seen before in the room. Not a sword, not clothes, but a stone. The very stone that brought him back to the past. 5 years earlier than the time he was before.

"This stone... it brought me back in time... but why?"

"Didn't you ask for it?"

He can hear a voice in his head. A voice he heard just before going back in time.

"Who are you? Why did you bring me back to the past?"

"I am God, you humans refer to me as Vita. I brought you back to the past upon your wish. 'I wish I can go back to the past.' That is what you wished for, isn't it?"

'What?'

"So you brought me back to the past because of my wish? This stone can really grant wishes?"

"That stone is one of my most prized possessions. My wishing stone. I shall grant 2 wishes of the person who found it. In other words, the person who found it will receive my blessing. You are now a person blessed by God."

"So, you've granted one of my wishes, and you can grant me one more?"

"Yes, I can still grant you another wish. However, be wise on what you shall wish for. As the wheel of fate will keep on spinning. My time is up... I shall go."

"Hey, wait! I still have questions to ask! Hey!"

The voice in his head disappeared into thin air. Now the only thing left is the worried voice of his mother knocking the door repeatedly, asking him to come out.

"Carsein, open the door! Carsein de Rass!!"

Click.

The door opened, Carsein appeared from inside the room. His mother, the maids, and butlers are all gathered in front of his room.

"Sein! What happened to you?" His mother shouted, looking angry, but at the same time very worried.

"I'm sorry mother..." Carsein answered in a wry tone, putting on a fake smile to show that he's okay. "...I just had a lot to think about..."

His mother looked at his eyes deeply, and then she sighed.

"Go wash up and meet me in the dining room, we'll have early lunch today."

After saying that, the woman left with the other maids and butlers. Layla who was there as part of the maids was hesitant to leave. But Carsein smiled at her, whispering that he's okay.

When all the maids and butlers left, he went to the bathroom and took a bath. Then he saw the clothes prepared for him for today.

A sailor-uniform-like clothes. It somehow looked familiar to him. After putting on his clothes, Carsein went to the dining room. His mother waiting for him there.

Once he entered the dining room and sat down, the food was immediately served. His favorite dish, steak. Then he noticed something.

"We are the only ones having lunch? Where is Kaysian?" The red-haired youngster asked.

Duchess Ernia looked at him with a surprised expression, then she frowned.

"Your brother went on an expedition with the 2nd Squadron, did you forget? What happened to you? Are you sick?"

"Ah... no, I just forgot, that's all. Let's eat, mother."

Carsein lifted his fork and knife, he cut the juicy and tender meat that he loves so much. But then something came to his mind.

'Wait...'

'Sailor-uniform clothes... expedition.... it can't be...'

"Mother," Carsein called. "is the sword I recently ordered supposed to be delivered tomorrow?"

"Yes, I thought it was weird that you're being so quiet about it. It seems that you forgot." His mother answered while eating her meal.

The young man looked at the time, and then hurriedly finished his meal.

"Thank you for the food. I'm going out now, mother!"

He stood up and then ran away from the dining room. Startled, Duchess Ernia chased him.

"Wait, Sein! Where are you going? Sein! Come back here!" She ran after him, but couldn't keep up. "CARSEIN DE RASS!!!!"

***

Carsein ran away from the Rass Mansion, heading to town. Once he arrived, he can see merchants selling goods all over the place. Clothes, dresses, shoes, accessories, food, all kinds of goods.

The red-haired young man looked around, trying to find something. He ran, and ran, until he finally arrived in front of a swords shop. He can see a carriage in front of the shop, and a familiar figure of a person with orange hair talking to the coach. Aristia's maid, Rina.

He opened the door and entered the shop with a racing heart. As soon as he stepped into the shop, he saw a young girl with silver hair looking at swords.

Carsein stood still, not moving. Looking at the girl with mixed feelings. Happy, sad, nostalgic, and longing, all coming into his heart. Without realizing, a tear came down from his clear blue orbs.

"Aris...ti...a..."