Chapter 14: Break Off

"...I do not wish to become the crown princess, nor the future empress. I wish to succeed my family, your highness."

Hearing those words coming out of the silver-haired girl's lips, Ruveliss' eyes gradually narrowed , and could no longer control his expression. He raged, dumbfounded.

"...Why?"

The blue-haired grabbed Aristia's arms with both hands, clenching them angrily.

"...y-your highnes--!" Aristia cried out, trembling in fear.

"Why after all this time do you wish to succeed your family?! You're raised to be my fiancé since birth so why are you rebelling now? God sent you as my partner! Being the crown princess, no, future empress holds greater honor rather than just being a marquess! You know that! So why--"

"stop... it..."

"Wha-?"

"STOP IT!!!"

Ruveliss paused, the girl standing in front of him hysterically cried in fear. Her whole body trembling as she gradually lost consciousness.

"He-Hey!!" The blue-haired caught her as she was about to fall.

***

[A few minutes earlier; at the banquet hall]

"Hey, did you hear? Lady Monique said she doesn't want to be the crown princess!"

"What? Then are they breaking off the engagement?"

The event that happened a few minutes ago spread around like wildfire. All the nobles present were gossiping about Aristia and Ruveliss. Not to mention, House Rass and Verita, also heard about it.

"Ruth, what's going on?" Duke Rass approached Duke Verita, asking him about what he heard.

"I don't know," Duke Verita shook his head. "For now, let's go to his majesty, lady Aristia should be with him."

"Okay, let's go."

The two left to meet the emperor, leaving their families in the banquet hall. Carsein froze when he heard what happened. 

'The discussion of the breaking off of the crown prince and Aristia's engagement did happened in the past, but it was a rumor at that time! What happened?'

"Hey, carrot!" a familiar voice called out, Carsein turned his head and found a chartreuse-haired guy approaching him. "What happened here?"

"How should I know? You're asking the wrong person, you weed!"

"You were with Tia 15 minutes ago."

"What, you were watching? Sorry to say, but the crown prince took her away 5 minutes later."

"Forget it, do you have any idea where Tia is now?"

"Isn't she in the ceremony hall with the emperor and the prince?"

"The crown prince dragged her away."