Chapter 7: Memories

"Good morning, how are you feeling?"

The next day, Carsein went back to the Monique manor, wanting to check the girl's condition.

"Good morning Carsein, I'm feeling much better now." Aristia answered, drawing a smile on her face. "I'm sorry for making you worry."

"If you're sorry then don't get sick." The red-haired replied coldly. Adverting his eyes from the golden orbs. While the girl looked at him with a surprised look. Noticing the eye-bags under his clear-blue eyes, as if he stayed up all night.

"Are you... mad...?" She asked with a soft voice.

"Of course I'm—!" He thundered, about to scold her. But when he saw the golden-eyes that looked at him with a sorry look, he shut his lips. "No, forget it. Sorry, I can't think straight right now. Let's not train for a few days, get some rest. I'm going back now."

"Eh? Oh. Okay. Be careful on your way home."

The red-haired left the room and got on his carriage, heading back to his house. Suddenly, a memory flashed on his mind.

***

Clang!

A red-haired young man threw his sword to the ground.

"Darn it, nothing's working!"

Srk! Srk! Srk!

The sound of grass being stepped on can be heared, he glanced back and picked up his sword.

"You're here?"

"Ah, yes. Are you training a lot?" A silver-haired girl with golden eyes asked.

"Huh, not really." The red-haired replied coldly. "Hey. Are you better now?"

The girl flinched at the question. Then replied, "Yes, I'm better now. Sorry for making you worry."

"If you're sorry then don't get sick."

***

"Right... that happened before."

It was a piece of memory before they left the Monique estate in the previous timeline. Then, he recalled the short event that happened just now.

"Are you... mad...?"

' "Of course I'm mad." That's what I wanted to say just now.'

"Who.... just who.... am I mad at?" he let out a sad chuckle.

'Darn it, I'm tired. Might as well sleep when I get home.'

***

After a few days, Aristia's condition went back to normal. They went back to their usual training. However, this time, royal knights are overseeing them and assisting the girl.

After training for a few hours, they finally took a break.

"Sir Seymour, please come and have tea with us."

"I'm on duty, my Lady."

"You can guard me while you're having tea, so take it easy." The girl's fingers gently poured hibiscus tea into a cup, and gave it to the blonde-haired knight in white uniform. "Here you go, sir Seymour."

"I am honored, my Lady." The knight took the tea cup and sat on a chair.

Aristia took another cup and poured the tea, giving it to the red-haired young man. "Here is yours, Carsein."