Ch. 4: The Interview

***Nyla***

The elevator opened to a smirking, tall and handsome man leaning against the wall. I did a double take-- Wonder Boy from downstairs? No, way! How'd he get up here so fast?

I closed my eyes and opened them again, but nope there he was standing there now with a full blown smile and it was my turn to gasp. The deep dimple in his cheek stood out and I just wanted to dip my tongue in it.

Huh? Where'd that come from?! It's like improper thoughts were all up in my head today.

I breathed in trying to calm my racing heart and I smelled the most delicious thing in my life: citrus and sandalwood. It was the most exquisite scent that played tag with my left and right nostrils.

Ohmigod, I thought to myself. How does he smell so good?? I looked up to at the owner of this company. His glasses were off. When had he taken them off? He was definitely in his Superman element and he looked muy delicioso in it.

"You thought you could run from me?" He growled.

Did he just growl?

Yeah, he did growl. It sounded like the growl was emanating from his chest. Like there was creature ready to burst forth from it... I looked down at his chest. He looked as if he was built. I wish he would take off his shirt.

Oh my! Just shut up Nyla, I chastised myself. Remember more work less flirt.

And no, I  wasn't trying to run from him. But I didn't answer his question. Just stepped around him. He caught my arm as I stepped past him, pressing himself into me.

Has this guy never heard of the term 'personal space?' Because he was all up in mine. I pushed him away from me, but pushing him in his chest felt good. There were pulses shooting under my hand. Damn. I looked up at him again.

"What?" I barked out. "And why do you keep shocking me?"

He just smiled. "You feel them too?"

I looked at his deep dimples. I put my hand up to push him away again, but also to test the shocks again. This time he just captured my hand under his.

"You can touch me all you want baby girl." His voice was really deep and surprisingly soothing.

I didn't understand this. No one ever had this affect on me. Ever. Not even Peter. I always had this affect on other people. Always. I would ask Elizabeth about this later. For now, I cleared my throat.

"Move." I dictated.

"Nah." He automatically replied with an arch of his brow.

"Well, I'm going to my interview now. So, I'll just leave you standing here looking dumb.." as f*ck I said under my breath.

"I heard that!" He yelled.

"How?! I mean, no you didn't. Why are you bugging?"

I was trying to hold on to my professional attitude, but he was pushing me to my limit.

"I'm trying to get to know you, I-"

I held up my hand to cut him off. Every guy always says that to me: I'm trying to get to know you love. I wasn't having it today.

I decided to pull out the "fancy girl" on him because no amount of "hell no" was gonna get through his thick ass skull. I smiled my earth-shattering smile.

"Oh, my apologies, I will have to regretfully decline any further advances from you, sir. I am simply here to finish this interview with Mr. Thornton.. and you're not my type."