Post-Story- Zym's Big Brother

Callum smiled to himself as he lay on his belly in the sun. His mother had told him that the nexus was not a sunbathing platform, but he honestly didn't care right then; he was warm, and the breeze felt so good on his wings. He just wanted a few minutes alone outdoors before returning to his lessons and duties as Crown Prince.

However, as he heard some light panting, he realised he was no longer alone. Sniffing the air, he smelled moonberries and rainwater, the unique scent of his half-brother. Smiling to himself, Callum lay still and waited to see what he would do.

Behind him, his half-brother grinned, looking at the larger dragon as he rested. Callum's eyes were closed, and his tail swished back and forth, showing his relaxed, calm state.

The little dragonling kept smiling as he crouched lower and began to crawl forward towards his brother's tail, pouncing out to grab it in his teeth, but at the last moment, it moved out of the way. Zym growled and turned to pounce again, but it moved. He looked at his brother, but he still appeared to be asleep. He tried once more and this time, the tail swung at him, knocking him flat on his back. A low chuckle brought his attention to his big brother. "Zym, why are you trying to eat my tail?"

"Mamma told me to come get you. Said you'll get...sunburn if you stay out here," Zym yapped and explained, now climbing up his brother's back and sitting between his wings..

Standing back up, Callum sighed as he turned around. "Dragons don't get sunburn Zym," he replied, then shifted down to his hybrid form. His brother sat on his shoulders as he carried him down from the nexus. "But I guess I should get back to work."

"I'm so glad I don't have work to do," the dragon said from his shoulders with a smirk.

"Oh, you just wait, Prince Azymondias. You'll get your fair share when you're old enough," Callum chuckled. "So enjoy being a kid while you still can."