Chapter 2

Hey guys! Let me know what you think so far and if there are any errors I am making that are bugging you. I'll try my best to fix things and I always love your suggestions. Thanks, and enjoy!

<><><><><><>

I stood stunned as the information sank in before sneaking into the kitchen and shooting Charlotte a quick message to warn her. Charlotte was a sweet, passive girl who was honestly more like a mother to me, and I knew she was easily caught off guard by the men in her life so I figured a warning was definitely due.

I finished cleaning the kitchen and making the kids' lunches for Monday before peeking my head around the corner to see Archer still lounging around.

Are his feet actually on the coffee table right now? The nerve of this guy! That groove was designed by my feet for my feet only!

I checked the time and was surprised to see that it was already 10 pm. As I watched Archer on the couch, the garage door opened, and In walked Paul from the other end of the hall. (hehe that rhymed) Confused as to why Paul was home when he was supposed to be out all night, I ducked back into the kitchen, praying he wouldn't see Archer in the living room. Thankfully, moments later he came into the kitchen where I had begun getting fixings for a sandwich for him.

"Hi Saylor, I figured you'd be here. Charlotte's still out, yes?" He asked, setting his things on the island and making his way over to where I stood by the stove. I smiled politely making sure to put some space between us. Paul wasn't a bad guy, but sometimes he made me uncomfortable and I liked to keep a good amount of distance between us.

"Yes. She had said you'd be out all night though?" I questioned and he grabbed a slice of cheese off the counter, throwing it back into his mouth.

Gross.

"The meeting got boring so I left, Plus I couldn't miss you again... I've been craving your sandwiches." I smiled my best fake smile at him and he took a step closer, placing himself behind me, his head hovering over my shoulder but not touching me.

You have approximately 10 seconds to kindly back away before this knife finds its way up your nose.

"Can I help?" he whispered seductively. His breath ticking the hairs on my neck. My throat tightened and the knife clattered from my hand onto the counter.

"What is going on in here?" came a rather brooding voice. Paul turned slowly to see Archer standing in the kitchen and I turned my face back to my sandwich, knowing that it was searing red.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Paul boomed, but Archer didn't flinch.

"It's of no concern to you, but what is of concern to me is why your all up in the helps business." I inwardly cringed at the use of the word "help" but I focused on the sandwich and pretended I was somewhere else.

Although, call me "the help" one more time and I'll bash that pretty face of yours. :)
...
Jeez. Who pissed in my cheerios this morning?

"You don't know what your talking about, your just a stupid kid." Paul laughed, brushing off the situation then he grabbed the sandwich I had finished and made his way out of the room. I listened to his heavy footsteps thump up the stairs before I turned around to meet a pair of blazing green eyes.

"I think I should go." I swallowed, wondering if I had even enough pride left to do that.

"Yeah probably. And next time, If you're going to mess around with Charlotte's husband, don't do it in the house." Tears stung my eyes as the weight of pure embarrassment smothered me and I began walking to the front door. As I passed Archer I heard him, mumble "slut" under his breath and a few tears escaped, wet and hot on my face.