Chapter 7

I cut off the engine in my car as I dread having to ask a favor of Charlotte. I knew she'd willingly help me out with whatever I needed without me even really having to ask, but I still felt bad when my life wasn't put together enough to figure things out for myself. It felt almost as if I was a disappointment, despite knowing Charlotte could never truly be disappointed in me. I sigh to myself as I pull out my phone to shoot Charlotte a text.

almost as soon as the text is sent, I get one in response about how delighted she'd be to have me staying for a while. I chuckle to myself knowing she was definitely running to go make the bed in the other guest room right now.

I pull myself together and hope that everyone will be asleep already, and by everyone, I mean Archer and his... friend girl.

As I walk farther into the foyer, I hear noises coming from down the hall and I assume it is Charlotte since all the lights were off and I knew she was expecting me.

"Saylor! There you are, I just finished getting the room ready. You're in the second guest room, the one all the way on the left at the end of the hallway that is to the right when you get to the top of the stairs." The Schuyler house was gigantic. So big that they had approximately 4 different guest bedrooms. not to mention all the rooms for their kids, their bedroom, and 2 playrooms. And those are just the rooms upstairs.

I climb to the top of the stair where I am greeted with two hallways. the hallway to the left leads down to Charlotte's bedrooms and the kid's bedrooms and the hallway to the right was where all their guest bedrooms were.

I began making my way down the hallway on the right to find my room. The first two rooms were the playrooms and the doors were open so I could see how messy they were.

Yeah, someone should probably clean those at some point. Oh, Wait. That'd be me. I have to clean those at some point.

The next two rooms were master suits so they each had their own bathroom and luckily I was in the second one of those. There are only 2 master suits. The other 2 guest rooms across the hall from these two are slightly smaller and share a conjoined bathroom.

Everything looked so fancy and put together in their house that I was almost speechless as I pushed the door open to find a room that was almost larger than my entire apartment and had a very large attached bathroom which I could see had a shower and a Jacuzzi. I had been in almost every room in the Schuyler house before at least once but sometimes I was still taken aback by the beauty of this place. 

"Are you like stalking me?" came a rough tone and I jumped, utterly shocked. I was still standing in the hall and now to my left, Archer leaned casually against the door frame of what I can only assume must be the bedroom he and Adrianne are staying in. My mouth went dry as I took in what he was wearing. Or rather what he lacked to wear. He didn't have on a shirt and now I could clearly see the god-sculpted abs I had felt beneath his shirt and my hands ached to touch them again. He was wearing grey sweatpants that hung deliciously low on his slender waist, enough to see a sharp v cut leading down to no man's land. I realized my mind had been wandering and I raised my gaze to meet his as he smirked at me, one eyebrow cocked.

"No, I um I"

Goodness Saylor pull yourself together.

"I'm not stalking you, but you'd like that huh." I retorted and Archer stood just glaring at me.

Seriously? "you'd like that huh"? I'm giving up on you.

"My apartment flooded and I didn't have anywhere else to go." I offered, trying to redeem myself.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Archer supplied and I was taken back by his response. It almost sounded real.

"That I gave you the impression that I cared."  He snorted and I wanted to slap myself for being so stupid. I mean this was Archer we were talking about. I'm not sure he cares about anything. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Babe, come back to bed." A high-pitched voice cooed and I suddenly remembered Adrianne was a thing. A freshly manicured hand snaked its way around Archer's waist And I narrowed my eyes at it. As I pulled my gaze away from her hand, I caught eye contact with Archer who was smirking at me again. He must have noticed my unamused look at the additional hand around his waist. My blood boiled at the thought that this brought him joy.  As if I was a pawn in his sick game.

Frick this. And frick you, Archer.

"I believe your bimbo is calling you." I sniped, feeling brave. "Better go before she pulls out a whip or something." 

Ha. Take that Archer. Good luck one-upping me with that one.

I smirked at him victoriously and he licked his lips before replying,

"You know champ, sometimes whips are fun." His eyes scan my entire body head to toe and my mouth went try. Finally he retreated into his room, closing the door behind him.

Hecking dangit.

<><><><><><>

Finally settled into my ginormous room, I decided it would be wise to get some school work done since I was assuming with all the new people around I would definitely not have as much time for school work as I had before which was already practically none.

As I settled in for a long and boring study session, a hollow thud noise sounded from against the wall between Archer and my's room. I turned to look at the wall, pausing to see if I would hear the strange noise again but when nothing happened, I returned my focus to my work.

No less than 5 seconds later did the thudding come again, this time followed by a series of similar thudding and a female moan. 

Oh gross! Sick bastard.

I tried and failed to keep my mind on the work at hand but with the noises growing in intensity, so did my anger. It took everything in me not to go pound down their door begging for mercy but I could not give Archer the satisfaction of knowing he had gotten to me. So instead I closed my laptop, accepting defeat, and climbed into bed, placing a pillow firmly against my ears as I dozed off into an incredibly light and not very restful sleep.