BIRTHDAY

Yesterday's lunch with Mom went alright, we talked about the baby and what I was going to do for work. I stayed at Meredith's last night, one of her patients died yesterday which led to a bottle of vodka obviously not for me and a night of dancing in her living room to ' go your own way' by Lissie. It felt like we were in a movie, we laughed a lot, Cristina joined in and slowly the whole house was dancing wildly. All our hair was bouncing in slow motion and it was like everything in the world was ok again even if it was only for a little while. It was wonderful.

I walked down the stairs this morning to the smell of warm pancakes. 

'Hey Iz' I said as i walked down the red carpeted stairs.

'I made you a cake' she said beaming over a lilac frosted cake with glitter shining over the top.

' geese Iz how much glitter did you put on it, I could see myself in that' Alex said as he walked in the kitchen.

' I love it Iz thank you !' I said hugging her.

'hey are you alright this morning your looking pale'

'honestly I'm fine Iz, just thinking about things'

'wanna share?' she gave Alex a look to walk out, he quickly got the message and scurried.

'Just thinking about everything and if i'm going to be anything as good as my parents are to me'

' have you opened the letter yet ?'

'no but i might do it today'

'good, well let me know first won't you'

'yes Iz'

I had found comfort in Izzie, a few weeks ago, she'd found me sat in the bathroom at the hospital crying and she opened up to me about Hannah. The emotion she felt had me hanging onto every word she said. I will keep her secret for her but I have to say, I trust her a lot.

I walked in the hospital that morning, I had been up most of the night thinking and thinking about everything to be honest, about being a single mom and what I want to do in the future. I think I'm so scared to know the gender of this baby because all of a sudden it's going to become a reality. Ive had the letter that says in my bag for a couple of weeks now.I channel my inner bravery and I am going to know TODAY. 

Stood looking at the OR board was Mom. She looked around her ginger hair bouncing in curls. 

'Happy birthday !' she said bouncing towards me. 

'happy birthday Mar bear' dad said as he crept up behind me and kissed me on the head.

I laughed, ' thanks dad'. As soon as I said that I was in fluxed with people saying happy birthday. Seattle Grace truly has become a family to me. Maybe being a doctor would be a good idea after all.

' right Mar, I have surgery now but lunch'

'lunch sounds good'

That night dad had something planned. So we all went to Mer's for me to get ready. 

I stood in-front of the mirror, staring into my eyes, the green just swallowed me in, fear was the cloud inside FEAR.

' you ready' mom said poking her head around the corner.

' No I feel like a beluga whale' 

' Mar you are beautiful'

I sat on my bed and reached down into my bag, peaking out was the white crumpled letter, I opened it carefully. Inside there it was, I felt sick and tired and excited.

'A girl' I said

' Are you serious, let me look' Addie snatched it off of me.

'Margot ! how exciting!'

'Hey are you ready' Meredith said knocking

'come in'

' Its a girl Mer'

' Really ?' I'm so happy for you' I smiled back at her excitement. 

' I don't know what to wear Mer'

' here I have this that you could borrow' Meredith leaned in her wardrobe pulling out a long black dress.

' The mistress brings out the witching dress' Addie chirped. Meredith raised an eyebrow.

' thank you' 

Downstairs dad waited in a black suit, Meredith did his tie several times  whilst she got lost in his eyes and he pulled that smirk he does. 

' my lady' dad said as he put his arm out to me.

' sir' 

' here let me take a picture' My mum said pulling a polaroid out of my bag

'Hey that's from my bag!'

we all smiled. When I got back from my dinner with dad, he gave me a box.

'what's this ?' 

I opened the gold covered box he had handed me.

'a yankees jersey for the baby'i laughed

' well you can teach your granddaughter it then'

' a girl?'

'yep' and with that I went to bed.