[e l e v e n]

< May >
< Monday >

Ashton and I didn't expect the airport to be like this. Before we even walked in, we had to have our masks on and our temperatures taken. They checked Ashton's twice but his resting body temperature is higher than most so we had to explain that.

When we got to the terminal the seats you were allowed to sit in we're full. Every other one was marked off. Because of this, Ashton and I resulted in standing, him against the wall, and me in front of him with my back to his chest.

It was pretty early and we were both tired. We stopped at Starbucks and got coffee once we made it through security, but it's not helping. Plus it was difficult because we needed to keep our masks on but we also wanted to drink our coffee.

They started calling to board and they were boarding us based on who we were with. You could only sit with the people you were with. So Ash and I were the only two in our three seat row.

When the plane took off, Ashton curled up in the seats and laid his head in my lap. He then grabbed my hand and put it on his head, signaling he wanted me to play with his hair,

"You're needy" I joked then noticed he was shaking, "Are you cold? I have your hoodie in my backpack"

"No. I'm just nervous" he mumbled as I started running my hand through his soft black curls,

"Ash, they already love you" I assured him,

"Yeah, over the phone. In person is different" he sighed,

"Just relax" I smiled. He nodded and shut his eyes, letting his body fall asleep.

As Ashton stayed asleep on my lap, I scrolled through my phone. My final grades were slowly coming in and we were getting more details on what graduation would look like. It's this week so I'll be home with my family. It's all online anyway. Originally, Ashton wasn't going to make it because of tour but now he can since it's been canceled.

****

Ashton woke up with an hour left of our flight. So, we both popped in a headphone and started watching TikTok's- 5SOS TikToks to be exact. Ashton finds them funny but there are some he finds just uncomfortable, and as his girlfriend, I do too.

Ashton's nerves came back as the plane started to descend. He tried to hide it but I could tell by his grip on my hand. I tried to help him relax by rubbing circles with my thumb, but it wasn't helping.

My parents said they were by baggage claim so once we got off the plane, we headed that way, stopping twice so Ashton could take a nervous pee.

Ashton saw my parents first and he held my hand tighter as they approached. My mom and dad hugged me immediately then turned to Ashton.

"It's so good to meet you in person honey" my mom grinned and hugged him, making him drop my hand,

"You guys too" Ashton smiled and shook my dad's hand.

We got out of the airport quickly, hoping to prevent us from getting the virus, although we just sat on a plane for 5 hours.

We got in the car and started driving up to Palm Beach. Ashton was still holding my hand in his lap as we talked to my parents. He seemed to have relaxed now.

"So, just to warn you, Cassie is home now too, with her fiancé" Dad groaned,

"Fiancé? Didn't you just meet her boyfriend?" I questioned making Ashton laugh,

"Oh yeah. Your father is not happy. They've only been dating for a few months" Mom sighed,

"You don't like this guy right?" Ashton asked to clarify,