the confession | chandler bing

in which chandler breaks up with kathy and y/n takes the opportunity to tell him how they really feel

chandler had just come back into the purple apartment after he'd broken up with kathy. he'd walked into only y/n sitting at the kitchen table since they'd known chandler would need a comforting shoulder to cry on, the rest of the friends had gone down for coffee.
"she really slept with him," chandler let out in almost a whisper.
"i'm so sorry chandler," y/n attempted to comfort him, him sitting down across from y/n and covering his face with his hands.
"you didn't deserve that," y/n still tried to reassure chandler that the breakup wasn't his fault.
"yes i did...i don't deserve anyone after the way i acted towards kathy," chandler moved his hands from his face and frustratedly dropped them to the table.
"yes you do chandler. her cheating on you is not your fault. anyone would be happy to be with you," y/n look at chandler, their eyes softened as their mind raced between telling him that they've had feelings for him for years or keeping it to themselves to spare their friendship.
"yeah? like who?" chandler hopelessly turned to y/n, now being their only chance.
"well, me," y/n confessed in almost a whisper.
"what?" chandler furrowed his eyebrows at y/n in such a shock.
"i–i have to go," chandler gulped, immediately making his way to the door to leave.
"oh god," y/n facepalmed as they leaned back onto the kitchen chair.

266 words
a/n: ahh this is very short but i haven't updated this book in a bit so hopefully this makes up for it a little :)
requested by @dolanthecreator