Chapter 5

"I need to see Medda."

~

Spot looks at her in shock. Eileen just kinda stands their confused.

"M-Medda?" He trembles.

"I need to see her." She lets out another sob.

"I uh don't think that's a good idea n/n." He rubs his neck.

"Oh don't tell me she's engaged too." The girl says sarcastically letting out a breath.

"Not exactly." He says lowly.

"I have to see her. I love her like my own mother. I have to see her." She sniffles, hugging El closer.

"Alright y/n." He says. He helps the girl off the floor. He crouches down so she can get on his back. He decided it would be better to just carry her.

Eileen left the two and headed to the lodging house. She decided she should let some of the boys fill her in on what the hell was happening.

Y/n and Spot made there way down the damp streets. They arrived at a cheap apartment complex.

It was falling apart. It had a broken window, which was boarded up, the entrance door looked like it barely shut. The brick building was moldy and gross and you could clearly see rats scurrying back and forth.

Y/n buried her head deeper in Spot's neck as he carried her in.

"Medda Larkin?" He asks the man at the desk.

"Second floor third door to the left."

Spot nods and carries her up the stairs.

Y/n feels her stomach twist. She was nervous.

"What happened to Medda? What happened to the Bowery?" She whispers.

Spot sighs.

They arrive at a room. Spot hesitates before knocking softly.

"Come in!" They hear a soft voice call from the inside.

He sets the girl down before opening the door.

Y/n straightens her skirt.

"Heya Medda, someone's here ta see ya." He says softly. He grabs the girl's hand and leads her in the room.

"Oh my, who is it—" Medda turns and her eyes meet y/n's.

Medda's eyes widen and she puts a hand to her mouth in shock.

"Y-Y/n?"

Y/n's eyes water as she takes in the scene in front of her.

Medda is sitting in a recliner chair (which is dirty and looks like she took it from the side of the road) with an old knit blanket across her lap. She is wearing a stained underdress and her hair is a mess.

She is holding a whole bottle of whiskey in one hand, and a cigarette in the other.

"Yeah Medda, it's me." Her voice cracks a little.

She looks around the room.

Next to Medda on the side table is an overflowing ash tray and some miscellaneous change.

Everything from empty liquor bottles to laundry and trash covered the floor.

The apartment was a mess.

Medda smiles widely, tears streaming from her eyes.

She sets the bottle down on the table and slowly pulls herself out of the chair.

She shuffles over to the two, who begin walking towards her as well.

Medda pulls the girl in and hugs her tightly. Y/n hugs her just as tight.

"I c-can't believe it's really you!" Medda sobs. Y/n feels the shoulder of her blouse become damp.

She tears up as well.

"I missed you so much. My darling girl. I didn't think I'd ever see you again." She cries, burying her face deeper into the crook of the young girls neck.

"I missed you too Medda." She chokes out; barely able to talk.

Spot watches the scene take place, his heart shattering.

After a few minutes of crying into each others arms, y/n breaks the silence.

"Medda, what happened?"

~

A/n- so turns out I had this saved in the drafts and forgot to upload it... oops. Anyways sorry I've not updated in a while.