06 | first kiss

rosiejune 16

rosie
june 16

aria grabs an apple that lays on our blanket. "yesterday was really fun," she says as she takes a bite.

the three of us were relaxing in the shady spot underneath a large tree that was on the side of everly's house. out of everyone's, hers was the biggest. which is why we always planned sleepovers here instead of anyone else's.

"i can't believe he's back." everly says, whose eyes are closed while she lays flat on her back.

"he's gotten really cute." he's always been cute, i think.

but as usual, i remain silent. i fear that may make things a little suspicious. so i say, "his friend was nice."

aria shrugs her shoulders. "she kind of seems like a try hard. did you see how she kept flirting with finn and bryson?"

aria was the most judgmental out of us. we've tried to get her to stop but it's no use. we mainly ignore things that come out of her mouth that are irrelevant.

although i wouldn't agree with the try hard part of her statement, i would side with the flirting. it was the most obvious thing from that day. either she's really friendly or she liked the attention she received from the boys. either way, finn and bryson loved it.

everly rolls her eyes. "you're ridiculous."

"what?" aria asks. "i'm just saying. if she decides to sleep with them or something, she better not ruin our group. the last thing we need is another girl to get in between them."

this wouldn't be the first time a girl has tried to pry their way into our friend group just to get close to finn and bryson. only to find out that she'd been sleeping with both of them without the other knowing. it was a messy ending but fortunately, everyone had gotten over it. that's a main reason why we don't like to meet new people, which i realize may seem a little mean. it's just how we feel.

everly says, "i'm sure timothée will keep his friend on her leash, he's not dumb. he was here the last time that happened."

i nod my head. "i think he will."

"he better." aria snaps, who begins to rub her temples and sighs. "i'm getting irritated just talking about it."

"let's talk about something else, then." i say to her.

before anyone could speak, we all whip our heads towards the road at the sound of bikes pedaling nearer and nearer. finn and bryson. they press on the brakes just before reaching the grass and gracefully, hop off their seats while doing so.

"thanks for the invite, guys." finn says, sarcastically as he tosses some old sunflower seeds that he randomly pulls out of his pockets towards everly's face.

she giggles, not upset. "sorry, we didn't think you guys liked to gossip."

bryson made his way towards me and sat down, smiling at me as he softly hit my thigh with his. "are you kidding? of course we do." i smile.