Rewinding Life

I and Mohit have spent more than 2 decades, we have grown up together. From school to college to work and whatnot. We have seen the worst things together and celebrated the best times. We have been each other's pillar during difficult times. There was not a single moment when something would go wrong and he would walk to me and we would solve the complexities, he smirks.

He insisted me to join his gym so we could spend more time, he was always a fitness freak and he wanted people to love him for his physique, he said that "your appearance is the like the paint of the house which attracts you to rest in your room. He loved people's attention and he would always ask me when we met in public places, who is checking me out a girl or a guy and then he would laugh".

In life there comes a turning point which may lead you to your destination, and that happened with us. It was our office annual party, we were a bit tipsy, Mohit said I won't be able to drive so after the party, we decided to stay at my place. We reached home and he was mumbling a song, he straight away climbed to bed, I asked him to remove his shoes, he was not in senses. I removed them, removed his blazer and he opened his eyes, we were looking at each other, he came closer and kissed me, I stepped back thinking he is drunk but he came closer and we started making love,  Sahil said in one breathe looking down. Sia's face was pale now and she didn't know how to react and what to say.

"What happened then," she said her voice shaking now. Sahil nodded and said "Everything was going great, we were in a relationship for 3 years happy in our world, many times I asked him to marry me but he denied telling he is not sure about his identity. I suggested him to meet my friend who is a psychologist but he said he don't trust him. I didn't force him too because we were together and that mattered to me a lot". One day I saw him with our gym trainer and they were heading to the hotel room, I was having a meeting in the same hotel, I  asked him what he is doing here and he lied to me that his trainer needs some money, I understood what he is up to and left from there. It was not once but not sure how many times I caught him cheating on me, I was tired of giving him infinite chances, he would always come back apologizing, convincing me he won't do it again. One day I got furious and told him "we will never see each other and it's over. He pleaded and cried that he won't repeat but deep down I knew this was a never-ending story. I cried too and told him I love you more than anything else but we can't be like this, you are swinging with others too if you love me, why you need others, sorry but I am tired of giving you chances, it's better to be separated!"

After few months I saw him with Shweta my younger sister, they were holding hands and standing in the parking when she returned to the home, I asked her "You and Mohit are dating, she blushed and said yes, I never knew we would get along very easily Sahil. I never imagined in my wild dreams that I and Mohit would date, though we were great friends from years. Shweta, I am happy for you but do you really know him Shweta".

Sia's eyebrows raised now, she interrupted and asked Sahil "when you knew he was dating her why didn't you tell her the truth that he is not a good guy and he was sleeping with random guys".

After knowing they were dating I called Mohit and asked him that Why Shweta? He said I like her and don't worry I will never hurt her. I warned him that if you are fooling around, I will kill you but if you like her and that's the truth I won't come in between. He confessed that he realized his mistakes and he wants to return the love he received from me, by making Shweta happy.

I was astonished by his statement. Shweta was happy too and why would I come in her way when she was utmost happy. Shweta knew I was gay but she never knew mine and Mohit's history. Mohit proposed Shweta to marry him and she was on cloud 9, listening to this Sia's jaw was dropped as Mohit had flings before he met Sia but never mentioned about Sahil or Shweta, he just said they were family friends. They were about to get engaged and before a week Mohit denied to marry her and said he can't marry because she is too naive for him and he is looking for someone with whom he can secure a better future.

Shweta asked for a valid reason and he said he doesn't have any feelings for her now, Shweta knew that no relationship works forcefully. When she cried in front of me I understood, that bastard was taking revenge. I told Shweta that let's file a complaint, she said I don't have any proof, he never hit me or never abused me, I don't have any pictures of us. Whenever I tried to click a picture he said he doesn't like taking pictures and he wants to enjoy the moments and make memories for a lifetime. Such a liar he was, Shweta remarked. Sia remembered how he used to poke her to click their pictures and every time they tried with different postures and captions. She concluded this is how people are they are different with different people hiding their identity.  Sahil called Mohit and abused him and Mohit said he can do whatever he wants to he doesn't give a damn now.

Wait one second, why didn't you inform his parents Sia questioned. A child's mistake should never be punished to parents. His parents have no idea about his deeds. And what would I say? Without proof, no one would believe me. Sia felt numb now after listening to his story. Sahil said after a few weeks of the incident I got to know that he is getting engaged.

Sia interrupted you mean he was double dating! She swallowed a lump saying My goodness, I can't believe that he would do something like this. Before our engagement, we were dating for 6 months and I never ever thought he could harm someone. He trapped Shweta because he wanted to take revenge because you left him. How disgusting this is!

Sahil uttered yes you are right and that's why I started following him and wanted to collect all possible proof. In fact, if you remember your Mumbai visit, please recall how many times I tried to talk with you but then he would come and cut the conversation. I called you once but you were so blind in his love that you would not listen to me. That day I decided that this straight conversation will lead no way and I had to try something different. This was my last chance to grab your attention, Sia. Let me show you the picture of the guy and videos of their meetings. He removed his phone and showed some photos and videos of the guy Mohit was dating. She was shocked to see the pictures, they were kissing, making love and she stopped and her hands trembling now while returning the phone to Sahil. He is the guy from our workplace, he is Mohit's manager. Now it's up to you if you want to believe me or not.

If you, believe me, you should confront him and if you don't you are responsible for your own damage. Sahil said losing his temper.
Mark my words he is not a correct guy. I wish I could have saved Shweta's life, I wish I could save her from the trap, I wish I could stand by her, she is already fighting mental breakdown and I fight with myself daily when I look at her. I promised myself that I will punish that Moron whose pursuit is to play with people's lives.

Sia broke down into tears and she fell down on the road losing her conscious, Saloni ran towards her, she wiped her tears and said in a low voice, Sia "I know this is very disturbing but if you look from another side you should thank Sahil, he helped you and he revealed Mohit's reality otherwise God knows what would happen to your life and who would save you. Sia, please stop crying and think of your future and please for God sake think about Sahil, Shweta and many more lives, your parents and everyone associated with you. We will have to plan something and find a way to reach the truth. Sahil has said everything and we have seen the proof as well but now it's your call. Whatever decision you take will either save your life or will alleviate you in more problem".

Sahil and Saloni both announced with a firm voice "we are with you and we will reach to him". Sia was feeling helpless and she cupped her face in her hands and yelled out Mohit's name.