Village

"Are you sure I should be here?" The enderman was painfully aware of the presence they had on all these other people staring at the two of them. The monster was tempted to leave, mostly just so that the villagers would all stop staring. They WERE an Enderman after all, staring was kinda the thing they were bothered by. The only reason they hadn't gone flying off the hook at all these villagers was because they had learned to control that instinct after knowing the player for a while.

"You'll be fine," the player reassured, patting their significantly taller companion's leg. They would pat them on the back but like. Height difference. The enderman was tall as fuck. "I won't take super long to trade, we'll be out of here in no time."

The enderman shifted uncomfortable and responded, "I'm just... Gonna stay over here with Carrot. If that's okay with you."

The player's expression softened slightly, though they cracked a humorous smile. "Yeah, sure. Make sure Carrot doesn't wander off, okay? Horses are like, stupidly easy to lose. You turn your back for one minute and they disappear into the void or some shit."

"Yeah yeah, I'll watch them. Go do your stuff," the dark being rolled their violet eyes and ushered the player off towards the villagers, Mushroom bounding along at their side like the good boy he was.

It took about 5 minutes of trade offers to learn that these villagers were full of crap and had no good offers. So the player reasonably decided to just pillage their gardens instead. Its not like the villagers would even do anything about it besides making some disapproving squidward sounds at them.

The enderman watched this go down, slightly amused, from where they had sat down in the grass. They occassionally shifted their attention back to Carrot, who was grazing a small distance away. Thankfully the player's casual thievery was distracting the villagers enough that they weren't staring anymore.

Apparently it was distracting the enderman too, though, as a dark shadow fell over the monster, and they looked up straight at the face of the village's iron golem.

For a few tense seconds there was a staredown between the naturistic guardian and the other-worldly monster, before the enderman asked, "... Can I help you?"

The golem's response was to punt them directly in the face.

Mushroom brought the player's attention to the situation as the wolf suddenly took off barking madly, and the player popped their head out of the blacksmith's house (where they totally hadn't been stealing the blacksmith's loot or anything) and gasped when they noticed the fight happening, quickly running after their wolf and shouting, "Endy, no!"

The enderman was completely unhinged, eyes glowing blankly, screeching, and teleporting like a madman to avoid the golem's heavy swings. The player shuddered at the sight, it was always unnerving to see an enderman like this. They should know, they'd been at the recieving end of it plenty of times before they had become proper friends with Endy.

Mushroom ran up to the golem's feet and barked furiously, but the canine was thrown aside by a lazy swing from the golem, although it had still been a heavy blow judging by the yelp as he was sent tumbling into the grass.

The player sprinted to their dog first, and scooped them up before running a distance a way and forcing them to sit down before the wolf could join the battle again. The poor thing was hurt, but nothing appeared to be seriously broken, thank god.

Okay. Back to the real problem at hand.

The player turned back just in time to see the enderman skidding a good distance away after being caught by one of the golem's punches, but they teleported back to a standing position and screamed again, jaw completely unhinged.

The player didn't know how many times the enderman had been hit at this point, but they had to put a stop to this before the monster ended up dead.

The player ran up and grabbed the enderman's arm and started to pull them away, although it was a bit of a battle since they were in complete murder mode. It was surprising that the dark monster hadn't just teleported out of their grip.

Regardless, the player managed to pull them away, hopefully out of the golem's range, and forced them to turn around so they could actually look at each other, pulling the enderman down until they were face to face.

"Endy? Endy, c'mon! Snap out of it before you get yourself killed!" The player urged the enderman, waving a hand in front of their face. The monster showed no response at first, although they were not acting hostile towards the player, thankfully. After a few seconds though, they closed their mouth and their eyes returned to normal, focusing back on the player's face.

"What-" they were cut off by the sound of stone and metal clanking and turned around just in time to see the golem back for round two, ready to swing.

The golem never connected however, and suddenly the player and the enderman were several feet away, purple wisps of magic fluttering around the two. They had both been teleported out of the way before any damage could be done.

The player still had their grip on the enderman's arm, and they squeezed lightly when the dark being tensed again. "Don't," they hissed and the enderman nodded after a moment.

"Can we get out of here?"

"Yeah, that would probably be smart."

The duo teleported again, this time over to where Carrot the horse had been peacefully chilling, seemingly unaware of everything that had been going on.

Once the player was safely atop Carrot's back, the enderman said, "I'll meet you back home," before teleporting away once again before the player could reply.

The player began to ride their horse past and away from the village, calling Mushroom's name to make sure the wolf was following them instead of still sitting in the grass back there, and once the canine was caught up, they just focused on getting home before they caused even more of a scene. Welp. They weren't gonna go back to that village anytime soon.

When they got home and had Carrot safely put away in their stable, the player went inside thier house and promptly flopped down on their bed, Mushroom following suit.

It was about an hour before the enderman actually came back, appearing in their living room with a poof of magic. The player wasn't too surprised, they knew that Endy would have needed time to themself after something like that.

"Hey," they said after a moment. The player waved from their spot on the bed, though Mushroom had fallen asleep and barely even batted an eye.

The player sat up with a sigh, turning to face the approaching enderman, and asked tiredly, "Are you okay? I know you took a few hits and golems are crazy powerful."

"I'm okay," they responded. "I've been worse."

The player frowned at that, but didnt bother to push it. The monster would be back to full health soon, and the player was just relieved that they weren't seriously injured. The enderman was a normal mob after all, they wouldn't just respawn at home like the player could after dying.

"I'm sorry for making you come with me," they said after a moment. "I should have known they would have a golem or something."

"Hey, hey. I'm fine. At least you got some stuff out of it, judging by all that 'gardening' you did."

The player snorted at that. "Yeah, they had crappy prices so I was like 'fuck you, I'm just gonna steal all your potatoes'. Its not like they can do shit about it either!" They laughed. Being a bastard was too much fun sometimes. "I also may or may not have stolen all the blacksmith's stuff, because fuck them, they can't stop me!"

The pair laughed for a bit about that. It was nice to just de-stress and hang out, even despite what had gone down.

"What next, are you just going to steal all of their doors or windows?"

"I very well might and you know it, don't test me!"

These chapters just keep getting longer, huh?

Anyways, no doodle for this one, at least not yet! Maybe ill update this chapter and add one eventually. Hopefully this chapter being a bit longer and more dramatic can make up for that!