• how about a sick day? •

*.*.*.*

"Naw crap!" y/n groaned as her eyes scanned her phone's screen, registering the fact that her Uber Eats was still 6 kilometres and estimated 2 hours until delivery. 'What the heck?' she mused, quite aggravated at this.

She wrapped the scratchy blanket further around herself and sucked in a small breath through her blocked nose. Y/n shivered violently in the humid room. It sucked being sick.

Now that her stomach had stopped clenching violently from the bile that had risen from inside it just minutes ago, she felt a little bruised inside. Curling up on the couch further to numb that pain, y/n weakly grabbed the remote and flicked through the TV channels, trying to avoid the food one.

Suddenly, the sound of her doorbell ripped through the silence that was only marred by
y/n's sickly sniffles and voices from the TV. The doorbell rang once again, but seemingly more urgent this time.

"Wait, are those my fries? Fuck yes! Finally!" Y/n exclaimed as she slowly picked herself up from the warm spot she had wormed herself into on the couch, and staggered to the door, still swaddled in her blanket.

The doorbells became even more persistent.

"Coming!" Y/n screeched from the hallway, trying her hardest to keep her balance as she made her way to the door.
She reached the silver doorknob and flung the door open eagerly, despite the horrid and crusty state she was in, expecting to see a pimply teenage delivery boy. This thought was decimated, however, when all she saw was a tall figure taking up the space of the threshold instead, clutching a bucket hat in his hand. The flustered looking boy in her doorway with tan curtains peered down at y/n, concern churning in his eyes.

Ruel.

WHAT WAS HE DOING HERE THIS TIME OF DAY? I LOOK LIKE SHIT!

Y/n tried her hardest to subtly brush her hair out of it's greasy clumpiness, and the crud from her eyes. She honestly thought she probably looked like a spawn of the devil, with her eyes red and a running nose. Despite this, Ruel's concerned features relaxed into a small smile as he saw y/n.

"W-what're you doin' here, Ruelio?"she choked out without a cough as Ruel let himself into the house without permission. Not that y/n was complaining. He set down his hat and grabbed y/n by the arms as she swayed lethargically. Her tired eyes looked up at the tall boy.

"You weren't at school, and you weren't answering your phone, y/n/n... so I got worried," he sighed, shutting the door behind him. He shivered at the contact of the warm air of the house with his skin, as opposed to the chilly afternoon outside.

"Thank god you came. My Uber Eats delay was about to drive me insane!"

"Well then... I've come to rescue you, ma'am!" Ruel said in a stupid British accent and saluting y/n with one hand. The other hand rested on her shoulder, guiding her away from the door and softly back to the couch of the living room to lay down before she passed out.

She chuckled dottily at the thought of Ruel worrying about her all day at school. As they neared the living room, she tugged herself out of Ruel's gentle grip and collapsed onto the couch beneath her, sitting cross-legged and coaxing him to sit down too. Ruel plopped himself right beside y/n on the couch, but a considerable distance away, being a gentleman as always. Suddenly, she felt a wave of pressure rise in her chest, and she began to cough. The static releases of pressure made the roof of her mouth tingle and her head feel a little dizzy.

"Woah, hey hey, y/n, take it easy," Ruel said gently, bringing a cup of water to her lips to soothe the coughs, and drawing his eyebrows together in concern. Y/n took it gratefully, and sighed as the drink cleared her clouded thoughts. Ruel placed his hand on her forehead, testing her temperature. Though y/n felt a little tired at that moment, she couldn't help but hold her breath as he held his fingers to her head. His eyes flicked down as he contemplated her temperature and met her gaze subconsciously. She was much closer to his face than he had expected.

Ruel immediately retracted his fingers and turned away, his locks hiding the heat that pulsed to his face.

She dismissed it quickly.

Her thoughts instead, wandered to the aggressive snarling of her stomach. "You have any food?" she blurted, sniffing a little.

He grinned, eyes lighting up at the question. "I'll be back," Ruel whispered, rising from the sofa .

"Where you goin' bish?" y/n asked, shifting in her seat as Ruel began heading out the door

"MY CAR! I GOT A SURPRISE FOR YOU,
Y/N/N- I CAME PREPARED! JUST WAIT!" he called back from the threshold. She frowned as Ruel's presence left, even if only for a moment.

He nudged open the door with his shoulder a minute later, his arms full of bags of Japanese food.

Even better than fries, y/n thought to herself grinning, eyeing the bags as if to pick out which she would devour first.

"Surprise!"

"Japanese! I LOVE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH!" Y/n giggled again. A smile spread across Ruel's face as he bounded over from the entrance and hopped onto the couch to join her. He knew exactly what made her feel better. The next fifteen minutes consisted of laughs, sushi and a mini food fight, too.

Y/n sat back against the fabric of the sofa and combed her hair through with her hand, taming it slightly. She felt extremely satiated after the meal, and her senses became less blurry as the food rejuvenated her system.

Still, the vigorous scoffing had proved itself to be more draining that y/n would have thought, as the drowsiness of the cold began to creep up onto her again. Y/n turned to Ruel, who already had his eyes on her, and smiled.

"Shouldn't you be at school, Ruelio?" y/n questioned, pushing the tempura prawns, sushi and boba tea away from her lap before she got tempted to down any more. She yawned, dazed as she looked into his green eyes; they seemed like they shifted hues every day at the least. His eyes were a soft washed out green today, like a favourite sweater that had been worn too many times.

"A day off school to make sure you didn't die waiting for your Uber Eats is so worth it, y/n," Ruel laughed, bringing a hand through his locks. "Plus, that tempura was bomb!"

"Does that mean you would rather spend the day with me than any-anybody else?" She said teasingly in reply, a yawn breaking up her sentence. She shuffled closer to his cross-legged body. Y/n tiredly wrapped her blanket around Ruel's shoulders to pull him closer. When they were both bundled up in the wool blanket, y/n rest her head in the crook of his neck.

"Thanks, bish," she mumbled against him, nearly silently.

Y/n felt Ruel's neck heat up as she laid so close to his body and her small, shallow breaths fanned his skin. She smiled at that, her eyes flitting shut. Hesitantly, Ruel wrapped his arms around y/n, erasing the need for any heater in the chilly room. It felt right. To the both of them.

He pressed a soft kiss to y/n's hair for a fleeting second, and spoke.

"Yes."

But by then, she had already fallen asleep to his steady breathing, a tiny smile plastered on her lips.

*.*.*.*

A/N: Oh crap that was long- hope you liked it, nevertheless! If you did, please tippy-tap that little star in the corner!

Thank you so so much for 400 reads! It means the world to me! Have a good day, Ruelettes (and Ruelers) :3