Chapter 1

'I am here for a mission.

And that mission is to save this man lying beside me from becoming the cold blooded demon in this era who will soon kill me if I haven't succeeded on this mission.

... but why am I now lying beside him on his very own bed!?'

Upon realizing that, Marianne's eyes popped open in surprise even though she just woke up. Her hands automatically covered her mouth to shield the sound of her gasp. Even in the middle of her bewilderment, she can't help but to stare at the handsome man peacefully sleeping beside her.

His face that seemed to have been frowning ever since his birth is not visible at this moment. Right now, his face looked so peaceful and calm... looks that she has never seen him wore before. She never thought that this man, Duke Liou Deuz Lavaliere is able to posses these types of facial expressions. His eyebrows that used to cross every day is relaxed, and she can clearly see his perfectly pointed nose even in the shadows caused by the moonlight behind him peeking through the open window. His vanilla colored skin looked extremely pale amidst the shadows of the moonlight. She can see his wonderfully chiseled body peeking through his suit that's partially opened.

'Wait...his suit was unbuttoned...?' The question echoed in her mind. By realizing that, she hurriedly checked her own dress and sigh in relief when she found out that she's not naked, but this isn't the time for her to feel relieved. The fact that she's here sleeping with the Duke in his very own bed is enough for her to panic.

'My god Marianne, what have you done!?' She quietly scolded herself while she's trying her best to get up from the bed without waking him up. Her eyes searched for the wall clock and found out that it's already 3am in the morning. She tried her best to tiptoe and get out of the room without making any sound which she successfully did.

She felt relieved when she reached the Anthurium Palace, one of the Kingdom's castle in the northern area. It's not that far from the main palace so it was easy for her to reach the place while walking.

"My Lady! Why did you come home at this hour? We received a message that you will be staying at the main palace...?" Marianne turned and found Briella, her personal maid. Her brown eyes wide in surprise.

"Well... I..." She couldn't finish her reply, she doesn't know how to explain it. "I don't want to talk about it Briella, I just want to sleep." She replied instead and went straight to her room. Her maid was left staring at her with deep curiosity.

She threw her body on her bed and let out a huge sigh. "Ugh... how did I end up being here...?" She muttered in frustration.

Today is the victory celebration held in the Palace for conquering Levisline country; An opposing huge county that lies beyond the borders of the west and the victory was led by no one but the god of death himself... Duke Liou Deuz Lavaliere. He has many names in the battle field, 'God of Destruction, Soul Eater, Grim Reaper,' are just some names but they associated those names with him due to his many victories during his warfare expeditions, some said that those names are also the hidden meaning of his birth name, others associated those names to him based on his personality. Cold, untamable and ruthless.

'Right... he's basically someone that you should avoid crossing paths with... but... earlier...' The clear image of his handsome face sleeping peacefully flashed before her eyes as if it was recorded in her brain.

"Ahh no! You are not supposed to see that beast as a handsome creature! He's a beast Eunna!" She scolded herself once again while crumpling her hair in frustration.

"Eunna..." She paused. How long has it been since she last called herself Eunna?

"It's as if... I have already forgotten that my real name is Eunna... and that... I am only inside Marianne Cervante's body for a mission..."