The End

Mari still wasn't answering any of Kanan's calls.

Kanan laid in bed as she sighed for the umpteenth time. Every sign was pointing to her to just let it go. More girls were out there in the world, she was a star on the rise so girls would die to be even seen near her. However, her heart stayed latched to Mari as if she were her life support. What she had with that blonde-haired beauty was something she had built over years, no other person in the world could understand her as much as she did. Kanan would be damned if she gave that up when Mari was still out there.

Each day went by mindlessly as she just showed up to the stage, said some pretty words, then went home. Everyone's praise fell to deaf ears as she still went back to her trailer each day to the same voicemail tone. Ironic enough, Kanan couldn't even leave a voicemail as Mari never emptied her voicebox. All she could do was hear her pre-recorded voice to keep her going day by day.

It had only been a few weeks since Mari left. Kanan was still stuck in filming, since she was the main character. While everything around her was fine, each second was breaking Kanan more on the inside. Every night ended in tears while every morning became harder to rise out of bed.

Each day Kanan was given false hope in which they would be finished filming but then suddenly something always went wrong, keeping the blue-haired girl trapped longer and longer. She had grown past her furious state as now she simply did not care. Sure she was being paid for the movie but it grew to the point where it wasn't even worth it anymore. After a long night of telling the director how she felt as well as the truth about the day Mari left and why she just had to go to catch her, he simply didn't care. It was the same threats held against her head.

After every scene, Kanan would try and talk to the director once more into letting her go but the conversation always played out the same way.

"Kanan, I'm going to tell you one more time, since you don't seem to get it. You are staying here until this is all over. We can't have a movie without one main star on set and since your little girlfr-"

"Don't call her that."

Kanan hated when he did that. She flinched at the mention of Mari. Even he knew that, but substituting her name just made it all the worse for the young girl. Everyone by now had known not to talk of Mari, at least not around Kanan. The fight still echoed in the halls along with the rumors of what stood between the girls.

"Look, you already know what would happen if you leave, I don't have to remind you. We'll need you for at least another month, then you can run off wherever you want and no one will care."

Despite the anger she had once felt over her constant rejections, only tears built in her eyes. She just wanted to be happy. Nothing hurt more than suffering alone, especially when there was once someone to stand by her side. Kanan understood that now and couldn't help but become more heartbroken as she thought of how Mari used to handle these situations on her own.

This, the feeling of being truly alone, wasn't what she wanted anymore. She'd rather struggle, give up everything she worked so hard for, just to go back to how it used to be. Things wouldn't be the same as time changes people, but at least Kanan could say she tried. Besides, when she struggled, at least a certain blonde haired girl was always by her side.

Just the thought of Mari calmed Kanan. However, with a calm mind, the young diver still knew what was the right choice.

She hated the idea of becoming so self reliant on the blonde girl but at the end of the day she was empty without her. It's why she always went back.

----

The next thing to happen didn't need anymore thought put into it. Grabbing everything she could, Kanan stuffed her suitcases. Things went flying as the young girl tried to get everything before someone noticed she wasn't on set. Running away wasn't what she wanted to do. A matter of fact, she never wanted to run away; she just wanted to be at ease once more. Even if Mari were to deny her, going to where she was truly at peace would at least make the pain more bearable. Turning her back on the one thing that brought her that serenity wasn't her best choice, but it was time she changed that.