10.

Helo fam, I just got promoted today!!!! Special day, so I decided to update as well. 

I know I told you that I was gonna do the idea that you guys wanted me to, but only two of you actually recommended what to write....

And they both voted for different things. So guess what I did?

Not gonna lie, I used the eenie meenie mienee mo method, (I know, I'm a little shit) and I landed on the family reunion. So here it is:

Chapter 9 - JUST HEY?!?!

"HEY?!?!" Hazel shrieked, staring dumbfoundedly at the newcomer, her mouth agape, "JUST HEY?!?!? After all these years, all you have to say to us is HEY?!?!"

The person standing in front of her was none other than the amazing...

Fabulous...

Incredible...

JOHN CENA!

Kidding, it was Percy Jackson. 

But Hazel knew that Percy fit the three adjectives she described earlier. He was a lot more handsome now, with messy raven black hair, sparkling sea-green eyes, and a lean body. Of course, Hazel didn't really care about that because:

He was her cousin, ew.

He wasn't her type.

And

She did not judge people by their looks

Hazel could still remember when she was just a small kid, and some kid was pushing her and making fun of her newly dead mother. Percy had stormed in and scared them off, and then asked if she was okay with unbelievable gentleness. Hazel didn't know he was her cousin at the time, but once they found out, they were almost inseparable.

Then he had to move away for an unknown reason, not even saying goodbye to the rest of them.

Percy may be the kindest person she knew, and was amazing, fabulous, and incredible, but at the moment Hazel was also incredibly mad at Percy. She always assumed that if he ever came back, she would hug the Hades out of him. Now, she felt like smacking him, which she never did to anyone.

Percy had on a sheepish expression and opened his mouth to speak when Nico beat him to it.

"Um, who are you?" Nico asked, bluntly, and then Hazel did smack him, "OW!"

"Nico," Hazel said through gritted teeth, "It's Percy. You know. Percy."

Our cousin, was the unspoken phrase. Nico never forgot about family, so there must be a good reason for him to forget Percy.

Recognition flitted through Nico's eyes, and in an instant, he had his arms wrapped around Percy. Hazel laughed and joined the hug, the three of them just enjoying each other's presence before the questions came.

"Gods, you are so much taller and handsome than I remember you to be." Nico muttered, and Percy beamed.

"I knew it. I knew it all along!", he said, dancing around the apartment, "He's gay, isn't he?"

Hazel nodded, and Percy pumped his fists into the air, "My little gay bean of a cousin is finally grown up! Next thing you know, you'll find your soulmate and get married and adopt children and a dog."

His voice wavered a little on the word soulmate, but his smile stayed intact all the way.

Nico flushed red, and Hazel burst out laughing. Percy stopped dancing and frowned at the exchange.

"What?"

"Nothing," Hazel said between giggles, "It's just, Nico already found his soulmate."

Percy's jaw dropped and he looked at Nico, who was now the color of a tomato trying to hide behind his jacket.

"No way, who is it?"

"Will Solace." Nico mumbled and Percy smiled.

"Nice name, when I meet this 'Will Solace' I'm gonna make sure he is good enough for you", Percy said, going into protective older cousin mode while Nico hid behind his jacket even more and groaned 'noooo'. Then the room became quiet.

Percy's eyes shined with happiness, and when he spoke again, his voice was soft, "I really did miss you guys when I was gone."

And that sentence was what brought Hazel to tears. They spent the next ten minutes crying and comforting and crying again. Until they were fresh out of tears, and they started watching a movie.

After ten minutes into "Finding Nemo" because Percy insisted, the doorbell rang again, and Hazel knew it was Jason this time. She urged Percy to open the door, for she wanted to see the reunion between them. Everyone knew that Jason and Percy had a strong bromance, and were extremely strong friends. Thalia had to console Jason for months after Percy left.

Percy opened the door and there stood Jason, hugging his body because he was in a suit. Percy remembered how much Jason hated his father's suits.

Jason's jaw dropped, and he stared at Percy, his eyes scanning Percy from head to toe and if he thought his eyes were tricking him.

"Percy?" Jason asked, his voice shaky, "Is that you?"

Percy snorted, and said, "No, it's Thalia. Of course it's me!"

Jason grinned and held out his arms, which Percy gladly accepted. From the other side of the couch, Nico pinched his nose.

"Ugh, are we turning into one of those families" he said, "If so, I'm divorcing."

Jason, who now had an arm around Percy's shoulder, let out a laugh, "Divorcing what? This family? Not gonna happen, we'll hunt you down and chain you to the house."

"What amazing cousins I have", Nico murmured, before grabbing Hades's spare wallet and opening the door.

"Do you guys want anything? I'm going to McDonald's." Nico said, yawning and swinging from the door handle. He was definitely gonna break it.

"Blue chicken nuggets" Percy called from the couch, his eyes back on Nemo.

Nico rolled his eyes, "You'll never change, will you Percy?"

But he got Percy blue chicken nuggets anyway. How? Nobody will ever know. It just goes to show how much the cousins care for each other. Even Thalia, who came later on. She punched Percy, but then hugged him too, even shedding a few tears.

Their family wasn't exactly the sanest. Yeah, they had their ups and downs, but the love they had for each other was enough to overwhelm any despair of the past. No matter what.

I know, incredibly short, but eh. Wasn't it cute tho? I felt happy on the inside while I wrote it.

Random Trivia Question:

Category: Science

Question: What seven-letter "B"­word is often applied to those suffering from manic depression?

Have fun!

-OneAppleBlossom ;)