42.

This is a weird chapter,  I'm not sure I like it but here.

Chapter 41 - A Teenage Christmas Party (Pt. 1)

December 24, 6:57 PM

Mclean Mansion

Piper was running around getting things set up.

A Christmas party wasn't the original plan Piper had. At first, it was supposed to be just her mom, dad, and her spending Christmas together.

Aphrodite left yesterday saying something about an offer that was "too good to refuse". That was okay with Piper.

But then her dad called yesterday.

Piper had picked up the phone and spoke to him happily until he dropped the bomb on her.

"Pipes... I have some bad news," Tristan had said.

The grin on her face was slowly turning into a frown, "What?"

She knew what he was going to say and hoped that he wouldn't, but then he said, "Something came up. I can't come tomorrow, I'm sorry."

Piper remembered gripping the phone so hard it almost broke, "No... you said you would come!"
"Pipes..."

"Don't you 'Pipes' me," she shouted into the receiver, "You promised me!"

"I'm so sorry," her dad had said. And the worst thing was, Piper could tell he was being sincere.

She had hung up on him and cried into her pillow for almost an hour. Then, on impulse, she decided she would host a Christmas part. (Her regular routine for getting upset was to go to the bathroom and get the razor, but now Jason was checking her arms for marks so Piper couldn't do that anymore.)

Piper invited all her friends and some other people she knew from her grade, AKA the entire 11th grade. Then after sending the invites, she had looked around the house.

It was a pigsty. She really had bit off more than she could chew.

So Piper enlisted the help of Annabeth, mainly because she lived there, and together they spruced up the place just in time.

Now, it was almost half an hour before all the guests would arrive and Piper was making some last-minute adjustments. Annabeth was finishing setting up decorations, and the doorbell rang.

Piper's eyebrows shot up. No one was supposed to be here yet...

Annabeth called from the front door, "I'll get it!"

"Okay," Piper shouted back and turned to the mistletoe she was setting up in the kitchen. It was all part of the plan.

"Yo Piper," Annabeth yelled, "Jason is here."

Piper's heart leaped and she looked at the mistletoe. It could wait till later. She ran out into the main room and into Jason's waiting arms.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, and Jason grinned.

"Percy and I thought that you guys might need some help," he said, and Percy, who was standing behind him, waved, "So we came early."

"Oh my gods, yes," Annabeth said, slouching with relief, "We do need help thank you."

"What can we help with Wise Girl?" Percy asked Annabeth, and she smirked at him.

"Here," Annabeth thrust the jumble of Christmas lights she was holding into his arms, "Put them up while I go get ornaments for the tree."

Percy stared at the mess of lights in his hands, "But they're so tangled! How am I supposed to put them up?"

"I dunno," Annabeth shrugged, "Figure it out Seaweed Brain."