True Power

Warning: This chapter will contain a mass shooting event

Callum had known about his powers since he was 5 years old when he accidentally sprouted an extra arm. He had always tried his best to keep them hidden but things happen, rumors spread and the rest is history. He had always been afraid of what he could do. That only changed slightly when he met Rayla. She knew about the power that his eyes held and didn't hate him over it but he was afraid of hurting her. He didn't fully understand what he was capable of and was worried that he would unknowingly injure her or worse. He didn't tell her about this because it would only worry her further and he didn't want to burden her with his problems. Today was the last day of school before spring break and Callum woke up early which surprised everyone involved. Ezran was watching the news while their dad made breakfast. Today's news was full of tragic events.

"Today is a somber day," said the news anchor. "Today, America mourns the loss of 500 lives at the FBI headquarters in Washington D.C. that occurred yesterday." "The Xadia association has taken credit for the attack but law enforcement is still in the dark about what they were after or hoping to accomplish."

"Why would someone do that?" Ezran asked Callum. Callum choked at Ezran's words. He was so young and innocent but Callum was one to tell the truth.

"Ez, there are evil people in this world who do bad things to good people either to gain something or just because they feel like it but don't worry. Those guys will be stopped." Callum was trying to cheer his brother up but he was also worried himself. The Xadia association was tracking down and taking back many of it's lost technologies and experiments. He was worried that they would try and talk Rayla. Runaan also shared in his worry and as such, she was no longer allowed to go outside their apartment building accept for school. She was very much against this but Callum was able to talk her into accepting it. Since then, their dates have consisted largely of watching movies and gaming together.

Callum ate his breakfast in relative silence and headed off once he was done. He arrived at school and was surprised to not find Rayla there. He was stopped at the office by the secretary and was told surprising news. "Mr, Runaan called today and asked you to take Rayla's work and give it to her because she is sick." she said. This eased his worry and he took the stack of paper and shoved it in his backpack. He walked to his first class and sat down. It felt different than usual without Rayla there. Callum hoped she was okay. Mrs. Opeli greeted them and before she started class, a new student walked in and She introduced him as a new guy. His hair was white and his skin was pale like Rayla but the similarities ended there. He didn't have horns and had five fingers. He was also wearing a black hoodie and black sweatpants. Mrs. Opeli introduced him as Yalaxy (Yes I made a new character and used my name. It was either that or Hiran. This may be my name but I am basing the personality off a good friend of mine). This earned a few snickers from people but he seemed unfazed and walked over and proceeded to occupy the seat that Rayla usually took since there were no other seats. Now that he was closer, Callum got a good look at him. His eyes were what shocked him the most. He had the same eyes as him. This raised a lot of questions for Callum. Who is this guy? Why does he have those eyes? Could he possibly be my long lost cousin? Yalaxy looked at him a a grin spread across his face.

"I am Yalaxy," he said. "I was born with these," he pointed to his eyes. "And no I am not related to you."

"How did.." Callum started to say but Yalaxy cut him off.

"You seem to be ignorant to what you can do," he said intrigued. "If you knew everything about them then you would know that you can see inside peoples heads by getting them to look at your eyes." Callum was dumbstruck. Not only did this guy have his eyes but also his powers and apparently he possessed more knowledge of them than he did.