holes in my false confidence (III)

You flopped on the bed, Tori laughing lightly at your antics before wishing you good rest and shut the door behind her softly.

She told you how she managed to get stuck in that situation with the gang...

Apparently she was out on a late night walk, maybe around 9:30? getting away from her house in need of some fresh air, stopped by the store, took about and hour and a half, so it was 11 when she got out, then got ganged up by the gang and they pestered her for hours.

Then you came along.

She called you her, and I quote, "hero."

Wow.

You rolled over on your side, placing your hands neatly on your stomach and sighing deeply.

'I wonder what my family's doing right now... well, probably sleeping like normal humans... but, I wonder if they ever think about me. They probably didn't even... freaking— notice... like they always do.'

You clutched your stomach, biting your lip as you shook your head.

'No. Stop... but... why do I do this? I always do this... I overthink like a stupid idiot... I am stupid. I can't ever do anything right without being criticized... mainly by my own frigging brain...'

You sat up slowly, looking out of the rooms cracked curtains, the moon illuminating your face as the stars twinkled peacefully, watching over the sleeping beings in utter calmness and content.

You wished you were a star. No issues; beautiful, calm, and able to watch the world slowly fall apart without having to worry about being pulled into its chaotic whirlwind of: hate, love, peace, and war.

You crossed your legs, still clutching your stomach, hot pain stretching through your abdomen making you wince a bit.

'I really fucking hate myself, oh-beautiful-starlight... Why don't you come visit me and make me feel better—"

THUD!

"eEkOFHh!" You squeaked, flailing your arms about and trying to catch yourself, failing like the failure you are and falling face first onto the floor, groaning.

You slowly propped yourself up on your elbow, rubbing your nose with your dominant hand and whimpering.

"Whoa, I really can't do anything right, can I? Dumbass..."

"Don't talk to yourself like that!"

You jumped (again), jerking your head towards the cause of the sudden, but gentle, voice.

Your eyes widened profusely as you turned over, standing up slowly and cautiously.

There was a skeleton in bright-ass clothing with a damn bow on his back.

And a c a p.

And a c r o w n.

Maybe he's a prince coming to save you from the clutches of... yourself..?

He, too, was slowly getting up, dusting himself off before nodding in approval, a peaceful smile plastered on his face.

His golden irises finally made eye contact with you, and you furrowed your brows.

"Uhhhhh, who are you?"

"Oh, I apologize for, heh... dropping in! Eeeeh? Get it? Hah? Oh, anyway, I sensed high negativity in this area and decided to, heh, drop. In!—"