8

"Jaem, look at this!" Renjun giggled as he passed the younger his phone which displayed an old photo of Haechan pulling a funny face.

"Let me see, whore" the tanned boy whined when Jaemin chuckled and hid the screen, shaking his head as he rolled over on his bed.

"Fine!" Haechan huffed and slumped back "I don't care anyways. Renjunnie, look at this!"

Renjun peeked over to see an old photo of Jaemin laughing, displaying his perfect pearly white teeth while Haechan poured beer on his head.

"Ewww, he's messy" the Chinese laughed while wrinkling his nose "Could never be me"

"Let me see!" the blue haired male demanded, leaning over Renjun's small shoulder.

"Nope" Haechan laughed evilly and pocketed his phone smugly.

"I don't care anyways" Jaemin grumbled before kicking Haechan off the bed.

"Boo you whore" the tanned male glared "Boo you"

The youngest just stuck his tongue out defiantly before looking back at Renjun's phone. The screen flashed, and his face fell.

"You okay, Jaem?" Renjun asked, shuffling to sit beside him.

"I'm fine" Jaemin threw Renjun's phone on to the bed "Jeno's texted you"

"Oh" the smaller picked up the phone "Thanks"

There was an awkward silence before Haechan got off the floor and jumped on top Jaemin, knocking the air out of him.

"OOF" he groaned "Get off, Hyuckie! Bitch, get off of me!"

"Don't think I will" Haechan laughed and pulled a cute expression.

Renjun got up, eyes glued to his phone and quietly left the room.

Haechan rolled off Jaemin and flopped down beside him, frowning as Jaemin's eyes followed Renjun's petite form until the smaller left the room.

"Jeno's really into him, huh?" the younger sighed.

"Yeah" Haechan replied "Looks like it. Can't tell whether he's actually into Injun or just his cute ass"

Jaemin growled and glared at the wall.

"No worries though, Jaem" the tanned boy grinned "That's what we're here for right? We'll protect him as his friends"

"This is the thing Hyuckie-ah" Jaemin sighed again "We aren't kids anymore. Renjun can fuck whoever he wants to. As an responsible adult it's his choice. We don't have a say in that"

"But we can still express our concerns, Nana" Haechan explained as he put an arm around the younger's shoulders "C'mon, chin up. Smile"

Jaemin did what he was told, tipping up his chin and smiling even though the smile didn't quite reach his eyes.

Through the thin walls of Jaemin's bedroom they could hear Renjun's adorable giggles and excited babbles.

He didn't talk to anyone like that except Jaemin.

The next day at the university, Haechan was hanging out with Jaemin on the stairs again, waiting for Renjun to finish class so they could go to chill at Haechan's house.

"What's taking him so long, man?" Haechan groaned as he checked the time on his phone for what felt like the 100th time "He should've been out, like, 25 minutes ago"

"He's probably chatting to his tutor" Jaemin looked over at the tanned boy, his silver earrings and thin chain glinting in the sunlight that spilled in through a window "You know he's a teacher's pet like that"

"Hmm" Haechan sighed and flexed his shoulders in his leather jacket, putting on his rose-tinted sunglasses "But this is just pushing it, dude"

"You're right" Jaemin stood up, fixing his black Nike tracksuit "I'm going to check on him"

"I'll might as well come with you then" Haechan stood up too but froze when he felt the younger's gaze sweeping over him. He looked up at Jaemin to see him not so discreetly licking his lips.

"Jaem" the tanned boy spoke in a warning tone.

"It's not my fault you look good, baby" the younger smirked, putting his hands in his pockets and tilting his chin up, looking down at Haechan with dark eyes "Or is it?"

"Shut up, Jaemin. Don't call me baby, bitch" Haechan rolled his eyes then froze again when he looked behind the blue haired male "Uh oh..."

"What?" Jaemin turned around, his expression immediately darkening as he growled "Are you fucking serious?"

Renjun skipped down the corridor towards them, a pretty pink blush on his cheeks and Jeno's arm securely wrapped around his slim waist as the taller smiled down at Renjun with amusement as he babbled away, hardly pausing to breathe.

"Hi Hyuckie, hi Jaem!" Renjun beamed as he reached them, unaware of Jaemin's anger simmering and threatening to boil over.

"Renjun, get here now " Jaemin growled, snapping his fingers and pointing beside him.

The smaller's face fell as he turned to Jeno, giving him a tiny apologetic smile before scampering over to the blue-haired males side.

"I'll deal with you later" Jaemin whispered harshly into Renjun's ear before he looked over at Jeno with dark blazing eyes "Stay the fuck away from Renjun, he doesn't need people like you ruining his reputation"

"Jaemin, stop" Haechan quietly spoke, knowing how short tempered Jaemin was.

"No, Haechan" Jeno smiled smugly and stepped forward, placing his hands in his pockets "Let him say what he wants. It's funny how you suddenly care for Renjun, Jaemin. You didn't care when you were lusting over his best-friend"

"Shut up, Jeno. Just shut the fuck up" Jaemin snarled, his hands balling up in to tight fists "You don't know anything about me and Renjun so just shut the fuck up before I rip your tongue out of your fucking head"

Beside Jaemin, Renjun whimpered and trembled in fear.

"Maybe I don't know about everything between you and Injun" Jeno glared his fists also clenching "But what I do know is that he deserves way better than you, Na Jaemin"

"His name is Renjun for you"Jaemin laughed coldly " And like who? You? You must be joking"

"Enough!" Donghyuck snapped "Both of you, stop it"

"Why should they?" an amused voice sounded and a lean figure appeared beside Jeno, strutting out of the shadows.

"Mark" Haechan rolled his eyes.