10

"Give it a rest karate kid" Haechan sighed as he and Renjun lounged on beanbags in Jaemin's basement. Jaemin was topless, his slightly tan skin dripping with perspiration as his clenched fist collided with the black leather punching bag once again "You've been at it for at least two hours, dude"

"There's no time to rest, Hyuck" Jaemin panted huskily, spinning and roundhouse-kicking the bag with a low thud as his foot connected with the stuffed leather "When there are bastards out there like Lee fucking Jeno, that are hell bent on testing my patience!"

Renjun flinched, shrinking into his over-sized yellow hoodie as Jaemin punched the bag again, his muscles rippling with the impact and sweat dripping off the tip of his nose, running in rivulets down his defined abs and biceps. His blue hair was also drenched with sweat and a darker shade than usual.

"Stop Jaeminnie" the small boy quietly spoke, eyes wide and sparkly as he hugged his legs to his chest "You'll strain yourself"

"Don't worry, baby" Jaemin turned to Renjun for a second, smiling reassuringly before turning back to jab the punching bag without mercy "I'm doing this for you. I'm your protector, aren't I?"

Renjun blushed pink and hid his face in his sweater paws with a small squeak, going unheard by Jaemin but not by Haechan who merely picked at his skin tight blue jeans with a knowing grin on his face.

"Okay, okay hero-ssi" he laughed at Jaemin before walking over to Renjun and squatting beside him "Renjunnie is an innocent, go easy on him"

"I'm n-not innocent" Renjun spoke hesitantly, eyes defiant.

Jaemin froze and turned to Haechan, both bursting out in to chaotic laughter at the smallest's outrageous statement.

"Wh-what?" Renjun blushed again "I'm quite the opposite of innocent actually. You- You don't even know me!"

The pair just laughed harder at that, Haechan falling to the floor and clutching his tummy while Jaemin discarded his boxing gloves, still laughing loudly and stumbled over to Renjun, picking him up by his thighs and spinning him round causing the smaller to squeal and duck his head into Jaemin's neck.

"You, my dear" the blue haired boy grinned as he spun to a halt, till holding Renjun firmly in his arms "Are the most precious being in my entire universe"

Since Jeno and Jaemin's run in, Jaemin was determined to stay stuck to Renjun like glue. He walked him to all of his classes and picked him up when they ended. The blue-haired male had dented his wallet severely, spoiling Renjun rotten with new clothes, sweet treats, plushies, a new phone case, several trips to the cinema and the smaller's favourite take-away even if the Chinese refused to accept, he would do it anyways.

He was constantly cuddling Renjun now. The smaller was either on Jaemin's knee or on his chest, depending on the location or how frisky the younger was feeling, knowing Renjun would go along with anything he suggested anyways.

Renjun had to be smiling 24/7, Jaemin decided. If not, he would pull funny faces, crack terrible jokes, buy him sweets, send him memes, tickle the smaller or pull him into his arms for a dance to their favourite exo songs, until a grin was firmly fixed on Renjun's face.

Renjun couldn't deny that he enjoyed the attention, but he also felt as if it was too little too late. Jeno had part of his heart now and Jaemin hadn't realized what he had until it was gone. Jaemin, of course, had realized this now and this was the reasoning behind his new behavior. He simply couldn't let Jeno beat him. He couldn't lose Renjun, never mind to that idiotic, big headed, self obsessed, son of a bi-

"Jaeminnie!" Renjun called, snapping the younger out of his angry daze. Jaemin realized he was holding two halves of a pencil in his tight fist. He must have snapped it in his absent minded fury "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, bunny" the blue haired male breathed out, smiling at the smaller and pulling him on to his lap, not caring they were in the university common room where they were visible to everyone, including Jeno and Mark who were sat on the other side of the room "I'm completely fine. Sorry about the pencil, I'll get you a new one, baby"

"That's okay" Renjun blushed and looked down at his homework "It's just a pencil, Jaem. No need to worry. You worry too much about me these days"

"I worry because I care, princess" Jaemin smiled, his voice turning husky for Renjun's ears only, being mindful of Haechan who was sat next to them, engrossed in his mobile phone and fending off Mark's blazing gaze "Understood?"

"Understood, Jaemin" Renjun whispered, his cheeks pink as he played with the younger's hoodie strings "I understand"

"Good boy" the taller nodded with a smile and eyes filled with amusement "Now let Jaeminnie help you with this homework, baby"

"You guys" Haechan whined, throwing his phone on to the table with a huff "Mark is creeping me out, just look at the way he's staring! Like, dude, I know I'm hot but that doesn't mean you can eye fuck me at every opportunity you get, like come on!"

"He's attention seeking, Haechannie" Renjun replied knowingly "He wants a reaction and you're giving him one. The best way to piss him off is to act indifferent. Okay?"

"Okay" Haechan breathed slowly in an attempt to calm himself down "Okay, Renjun. Thanks, honey, I didn't know you were so knowledgeable about these things"

"Well, I've had a few boyfriends in my time that behaved similarly to your Mark" the smallest wrinkled his nose "But never this bad"

"My Mark?" Haechan scoffed "Bitch please. He's nothing to do with me"

"He is now" Renjun raised his eyebrows and turned back to his homework.

"Ewww" the tanned boy whined "I don't want him to be though"

"Like it or not you're stuck with him" Jaemin added in his low voice "Either make it work or stay miserable. You choose, darling"

"I'd rather not" Donghyuck sighed.

"I'll choose for you then" a sultry voice whispered right into the tanned males ear making him jolt in surprise "And I for one think we can make it work, sunshine"

"I for one don't give a fuck what you think" Haechan grumbled as he rubbed his ear "How do you do that anyways? Just appear out of nowhere?"

"Ahhh now that would be telling, baby" Mark laughed while Jeno smirked beside him, sending Renjun a small wink. Renjun giggled and hid in Jaemin's neck, who glared at Jeno with an expression like thunder.

Haechan felt so odd. Half of him was filled with resentment at Mark's arrival, wanting to scream and shout and push the elder away for the way he had behaved in the past. The other half was all warm and fuzzy, remembering how it felt to have Mark's lips on his and how attractive the elder was with his fiery eyes and authoritative demeanor.

"Does it work in reverse? Like can you disappear?" Haechan questioned, turning round on the couch he was on and kneeling on it, resting his elbows on the back and leaning his face in his hands "Only one way to find out. Go on. Disappear"

"How charming" Mark replied dryly while replacing a few stray strands of hair on the younger's forehead "You look cute today by the way"

"So I don't look cute any other day?" Haechan glared and slapped Mark's hand away.

"You know that's not what I meant, doll" the elder rolled his eyes and stroked the back of the smaller's head "And why? You want me to think you look cute or something? You want my approval hmm?"

The younger's face paled and he narrowed his eyes.

"That's what I thought" Mark laughed "Don't try and play a player, princess"

"Yeah, yeah" the younger rolled his eyes "Just do your disappearing act and piss off"