1 - Photograph

My name is Mahiru Koizumi, I'm the Ultimate Photographer. And one of the 16 students forced to play this "killing game"

That night, we were told to kill one another in this sick game. The stress and anxiety started to creep up on me. That feeling of paranoia and worry.

A killing game? They can't be serious... It has to be some sort of joke...

Oh, how I wished it was a joke.

Looking at the people around me, each of their faces were filled with dread, anxiety, confusion and mostly, fear.

And from that one night, my determination solidified.

I'll use my talent to save everyone.

So they can forget the pain, live life happily with no worries at all.

Live their lives with a smile...

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

*knock knock knock*

Hearing a sound on my door, I walked towards it expecting Hiyoko on the other side, but I was proven otherwise. I open the door to see-

"Oh, Hajime?" I said in surprise. "I didn't expect you here..."

"I wonder why he called me?" I thought to myself.

"Oh um, I was going to ask if we could hang out." He said as he scratched his head.

"Hang out? I can't believe he would ask me."

"Sure. Why not?" I agreed.

Thinking to myself, "What's the harm in hanging out with him?"

Besides, I never made any plans that day. Though, why would Hajime ask me out of all people? I'm just an ordinary girl who loves photography, the others have unique personalities, so why pick me?

I stepped outside my cottage, and the both of us started walking. Well, we didn't know where we were headed to, but eventually, we made our way to the Hotel Restaurant.

Hajime scanned the room and turned back to me. "Are you hungry?" He asked me.

"Not really, but I'm kind of thirsty actually" I said taking a seat on one of the chairs. Hajime nodded and went inside the kitchen.

5 minutes have passed, and he's still in the kitchen. I wondered why he's taking so long.

"Is he trying to find something? He could've at least asked me..." I asked myself.

And after 2 more minutes, he still hasn't come out of the kitchen.

"Why is he taking so long? He better not be planning to kill me" I thought.

And that's when I started to worry, my hands gripping my camera harder than usual. But I was taken aback when I felt a hand on my right shoulder.

"You okay? You look a bit... um... stressed." Hajime asked me while holding some orange juice.

"Y-Yeah... I'm fine." I said as I gave him a nod. He sighed and handed me bottle with a label 'Milk Tea'.

"Sorry it took me a while... They only had orange juice and a few other stuff in there." He said.

"Oh, okay..." I said before taking a sip of the drink. We drank our drinks in silence, it was slightly awkward for the both of us so I decided to break the ice.

"Hajime, what's that?" I asked as I pointed my finger towards it. There was a piece of his hair sticking up and I always wondered what that was.

"Honestly, I don't know. It's probably natural or something." He said while touching it.