2 - Thanks

Another day has come, a brand new day.

'It really isn't a dream...' I thought.

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened the other day. I shouldn't be thinking like this. He's just a boy who wants to befriend his classmates, right?

He probably asked to hang out because he was bored. Not a big deal... or is it?

"Keep it together, Mahiru!" I said while cupping my cheeks.

'Why am I overthinking things?' I thought to myself.

Yeah, I shouldn't overthink things too hard. I should probably go on a walk or something....

I got up from my bed and headed out of my cottage. The park seemed like a good place to snap some photos. I wanted to kill some time since the others weren't talking to me...

My eyes scanned the area and they landed on a bunch of flowers on the side.

I focus my lens and press the shutter.

*click!*

I look at the photo hoping I got a good shot. Unfortunately, it was a bit blurry.

"It's blurry..." I said aloud. I sighed and continued to snap photos of the area.

After snapping a few more pictures, I decided to head to my cottage to rest. But just when I was about to head out, *He* appeared before me...

"Oh! Mahiru?" Hajime said with a surprised expression.

"O-Oh. Hajime..." I said seemingly surprised too.

"What are you doing here? Where you taking photos, perhaps?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I was. I'm going back to my cottage right now." I said as I started to walk away.

But then, I felt something grab my wrist. I turn to see Hajime holding my wrist and staring into my eyes.

"Wait!" He exclaimed. "Don't you want to hang out?" He asked.

"H-Hang out?" I repeated.

'Another hang out? Why?' I asked myself.

"I was supposed to hang out with Chiaki, but she's too tired apparently..." He said.

"Oh. So you wanted to hang out with me because you couldn't hang out with Chiaki?" I said in a sarcastic tone. "You boys are soooo selfish!"

"N-No... I didn't mean it like-"

"If you want to hang out with me, that's fine..." I said, interrupting him.

"What?" He said taken aback.

I just pouted and gripped my camera. I still don't know why I act flustered around him. Is he special? I just brushed those thoughts aside and took a deep breath.

"I'm free... Y-You could hang out with me." I quietly said.

Hajime looked at me and nodded his head in acknowledgment.

"Okay. So where do you want to go?" I asked him.

"Where do *you* want to go?" He asked.

"Geez. You pick! You were the one to ask me out, right?" I scolded him.

'That last part sounded a bit... weird.' I thought.

"I... U-Uh..." He stuttered.

"Ah wait! I know a place!" I said pounding my fist on my palm.