3 - Momento

A brand new day has started...

A peaceful and happy one...

Wait... happy?

We just lost two people...

Byakuya Togami and Teruteru Hanamura have died... never to come back to life again.

How can we be peaceful after that?

...

"Hey Mahiru! You hear me?"

"Mahiru?? Are you listening?" Hiyoko yelled at me as if she was trying to get my attention.

I quickly snapped back to reality and shifted my gaze towards Hiyoko. "S-Sorry... I was just spacing out a bit." I shrugged it off. Hiyoko opened her mouth as if she was about to say something but she stood silent.

"Hiyoko? What is it?" I ask her. "Where you trying to say something?"

"Don't worry Mahiru! Everything is gonna be fine!" Hiyoko reassured me.

Everything is going to be fine, huh?

"Yeah yeah, sure." I said as I gave a warm smile. My mind was so focused on the past that I even forgot about the present. I was in the restaurant eating with the other 13 students. All I could do was shrug off the thought and continue eating.

Though, while I was eating, Fuyuhiko and Kazuichi started to fight.

Geez, boys are so childish...

Eventually, I finished eating and quickly returned to my cottage. But as soon as I closed my door, I heard a knock.

**knock knock**

"Okay! I'm coming there!" I shouted at the door. I shuffled over to the door and swiftly opened it.

"A-Ah! Hajime! Why did you call me?" I asked him as I stepped out of my cottage. He reached for something in his pocket and gave it to me.

"Here. It's a gift..." Hajime said as he handed over the gift to me.

"A... Camera?" I said. Eagerly, I quickly took the camera from his hands and inspected it thoroughly. "Kirlian Photgraphy? That's pretty great." I approved. "It would've been better if there was film though..."

"But... Th-Thank you, Hajime. I love this!" I thanked him. Hajime just smiled and nodded. It was then I noticed that he started to walk away from me.

"Hey! Where are you going?" I asked him, well more of... yelled at him. He instantly turned around and said "Oh... You wanna hang out? I thought you were busy so I-".

Before he could continue, I walked over to him and asked.

"Y-Yeah... I *do* want to hang out. Is that fine with you?" I shyly asked him. His eyes widened after I said those words. "Sure! I'm free right now so yeah..." He said with an approving nod.

"Where should we go though?" Hajime asked as he lightly tussled his hair.

Where to go, where to go...?

I thought to myself and then...

"Ah! I have an idea!" I said as I pounded my fist on my palm. "Just wait here!" I told him as I ran to my cottage.

Once I stepped in, I walked over to my bed and reached under it. I grabbed a box from the underneath and opened it, revealing a cute and fashionable straw hat. Hiyoko found this on the beach the other day and gave it to me. It was odd for a random hat to be there but it still looked cute.

"I'll wear this once we're there." I thought to myself.

After getting the hat, I walked outside of my cottage, locked the door and ran back to Hajime. "Sorry! I just had to get something!" I assured him.