I am Leone

My name is Leone. I am 13. All my life, I have lived in the slums. I have never questioned why I belong there. I guess it's because I have accepted my life and fate since I was young. I have no family, other than Grandpa Nico. My parents are dead. They were assassinated by a girl a few years older than me. She had ice powers and blue hair. Her eyes were ice cold and she was a merciless killer. She made me watch in terror as she made ice impale my parents.

They were killed for stealing bread, just to feed me.

My Grandpa is all I have. My Grandpa is all that I treasure. Do you ever question about your existence? I do. Why do I exist? What is my purpose?

I have resented myself, always.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Chapter One
🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
I yawn as I wake up beside my Grandpa and watch as his chest rises and falls slowly. He is alive for yet another day. I sigh in relief and comb my fingers through my short blond hair before eating my breakfast, a measly meal of old sour blackberries. It's not much, but I am grateful for all that we have. It's all we can afford at the moment.

I tidy up and wash my bowl before kissing my Grandpa on the cheek, heading out for the day to 'work'.

From sunrise up 'til midday, I'm on the rich district of town, begging for money from midday up to nightfall, I go pickpocketing. Sometimes I pickpocket later at night at around 9pm when the rich men are drunken. Yes, I am a thief. But what else can I do? Living in the slums is tough so I do anything to keep my Grandpa and myself alive.

Every kid resents me in the area because I'm the trickster. I cheat people off of their money. Sometimes it's fun. But sometimes, it's scary, having to run away from big muscly men with sticks to beat me up. I may be a girl, but I'm stronger than I look. I get into fights a lot and I always win. Once, I accidentally killed a kid with my bare hands from brute strength. That was the main reason I became an outcast.

Everyday it's the same routine. When I get home, I greet my Grandpa with a huge smile and a warm hug, giving him everything picked up from the day. Today, I went to the richer region of the town, where the Lords and Lady's shop for luxuries and I managed to steal an expensive pocket watch, which meant we could afford something special- meat!

Stealing the watch gave me a few beatings on the back. Soldiers caught me stealing and chased me with their swords and batons. If they were close enough, they would have hit me or cut me. I was lucky to get away alive.

Grandpa Nico cleans up my cuts and scolds me for being so careless and warns me never to go back there. I don't take his warning, being the mischievous girl I am, and decide to return there for the next few days or so.