v. There's a Thin Line Between Good and Evil

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ━━ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞:

            Talia never thought she would say this, but fuck, does she miss Sophomore year

            Talia never thought she would say this, but fuck, does she miss Sophomore year. Her brother might've become a convicted felon, her friend's parents sorta died, and she uncovered the fact that she's adopted. But, at least she wasn't fucking kidnapped. How Elena deals with this shit and still manages to keep her appearances up and be in a long-term relationship with a Salvatore brother astounds her. Stefan must be godly in bed

    Fuck this, Talia thinks as she peels her eyes open to see an unkempt twenty-something man pacing around the room, vigorously pulling out clumps of his brunette hair. She tries to speak, but only hushed rasps escape her mouth. Water.

      Is this her life now? Is her whole life (until her eventual and hopeful demise) going to revolve around Elena... and Stefan... Damon... then Miller and the fucking curse? Is this going to be a constant cycle? Getting kidnapped and escaping and getting kidnapped and escaping? If so, living in Florida where white men fight alligators nonstop sounds better than this.

     Talia flicks her eyes down to her lower body, noticing the same black dress she wore to the masquerade ball is still on her physique. She hopelessly tries to itch a painful scratch dispersed near her abdomen but forgets that idea when her (apparently) bound hands stay fastened in place. She squirms uncomfortably under the blinding lights of the morning sun, the pacing man, and the persistent waking sighs of someone next to her.

     Who the hell keeps sighing? Talia turns her head to the left, and maybe she's hoping it's someone she can bargain her life for, or maybe she's hoping it's a Salvatore brother so they can swiftly tear out whoever kidnapped them's jugular. Turns out, it's neither. It's Elena Gilbert, lying bound on the flower-patterned couch next to Talia. Her soul leaves her body.

     A cold touch on Talia's shoulder startles her, but she composes herself afterward. Her bruised body writhes in place when he squeezes her bruised arm. He promptly removes the ropes on Talia's limbs, before moving onto Elena.