Chapter 10

Sebastian's pov

I went back into the pack house feeling dejected. She ran away, my own mate ran away from me. I went into my room and laid down on my bed and sighed. Did I go a bit too far today? I just expressed my feelings, that's all I did. It was nothing wrong.

My wolf would urge me again and again to take her in my arms, Mark her, mate with her, saying that her wolf had accepted us but what about her?

I told myself that the day i even accidently touch her inappropriately when she was not ready was the day i would rip off my own arms.

After a while I went down for dinner and saw that Bella was aldready there having dinner. Determined to break the ice between us, I sat right next to her. She looked surprised but did not say anything. We continued eating.

I observed that she was a very slow eater. Compared to her I ate very fast. So to match with her speed I slowed down mine to spend more time sitting next to her.

After dinner I washed my hands and was going back into my room when I suddenly heard, 'Thanks.' I turned around and saw bella standing standing behind me.

'I mean thank you for today. I liked it.' she said looking down. I noticed she was referencing the flower crown.

'No need to say that Bella. I can give you many more if you like them.' I said smiling.

She just nodded and went back into her room. Why was this girl so complicated?

(A month later)

I had a long day in the office. I was exhausted. This entire month was the same routine I had followed my entire life.

There was only one change- Bella. I tried hard. I would try to have breakfast, lunch and dinner with her. I would leave a bouquet of flowers outside her door every single day in the morning.

But whenever I would try to have a conversation with her she would reply with short answers or walk away.

I closed my door and had a shower. After shower when I was drying my hair I heard a knock on the door. I put on my shirt and opened it.

It was bella! I was excited bit I calmed myself down. 'Is anything wrong bella?' I asked her.

'Can I talk with you?' she asked. 'Sure, come inside.' I said to her. She came inside the room and my wolf sterted howling. This was for the first time she was inside our room and we were excited.

'I realised,' she started speaking, 'That I have just wasted my last month in this pack. Lying around in my room, doing things unwillingly. I should not do this. I should become more responsible. I am glad you gave me time to realise that.

As a luna I have my duties with this pack and as a mate I have duties towards you. I should not neglect them.' she said.

'Starting tomorrow I promise you you will see a new bella in front of you.' she said and tried to smile but I could see she a dead expression in her eyes.

She had misunderstood me. Duties as my mate? What was she thinking? 'Bella, I....' she cut me off by saying 'It's okay alpha, I know what I have to do, you have shown enough patience towards me.' she said.

I felt horrified. It's true that most alphas just want a mate to f*ck and give them heirs and stand beside them like trophy wives but I was not one of them. What the hell?!

'It took time to kill the old bella and bring a new one in front of you. But now that I had my time, I will not disappoint anyone. Life goes on, I understand.' she said and bowed down to me.

Then she left the room and I stood there.

Maybe that was my mistake bella, that I wanted to love and choose the old one not the one you are forcing yourself to become.