Chapter 28

Sebastien's pov

I waited and waited outside with alpha Caleb and his son waiting for the doctor to come outside.

My beta, his mate, my mother and everyone else was getting treatment and we're getting better.

Finally the doctor came out to talk with us. 

'She's in a critical condition alpha. Let's just hope for the best.' he said and left.

Aloha Caleb had tears in his eyes. I didn't know how to console him when I myself was feeling numb.

'Alpha, your mother wants to meet you.' one of my warriors said. I looked at alpha Caleb and he nodded his head.

I followed the warrior and I saw my mother and mom(Martha) sitting together talking with each other. It still felt weird but I went and stood near them. Mom smiled at me and said,'I guess you already know who she is. You don't need me anymore.' she said with a sad smile.

'You will always be his mother Martha. I gave birth to him but you raised him to be the man he is now.' 'Thanks liana.' mom said.

'Sebastian, come here.' Liana said and I went towards her to sit by her side. 'I am not expecting from you to call me mom. But still I want to give you something.' she said and took off a locket she was wearing.

'This used to belong to your grandfather. It's actually all that I have left of him. His last wish was for his future generations to wear this. According to him it brought safety and prosperity to the pack. All these years I held on to it waiting for you. It really did bring luck for me as you came to rescue me again. It is yours son. And also I apologise, I should have stayed with you instead of abondoning you. I am sorry. I never knew you felt rejected all your life.' she said with tears in her eyes.

'Your hands were tied. You did all that for my safety. If Marcus knew that I was an alpha then I would have been killed. I understand you did what you did for my safety and I will always be grateful to you for that.' I said to her and held her hand.

'My childhood was really nice and fun. I never thought I ever packed anything. I was loved and cared for.' I said looking at Martha.

'I thank moon goddess. Everyone has only one mother, I got blessed with two. Both of you mean a lot to me. I cannot thank you both enough for what you did.' I said to them and they had tears in their eyes.

After some more emotional exchange I left and went to sit outside the ICU again.

Me and her father waited along with her brother waited outside all night.

Finally in the early hours of morning a nurse came rushing outside to us and said,'Luna..Luna is awake!'

We all immediately got up. 'You go and meet her first sir.' I said to her father. Even if I was her mate I could not be rude and push him aside go to see her first. Alpha Caleb was her father and I needed to respect that.

He looked happy and went ahead. He had been worried sick. Even her mother Luna aurora  wanted to come but she had to stay to look after the pack and so had been continuously mind linking her mate. They will be relieved.

I went outside the hospital and walked towards the pack house. My fighting gear was still on me and was torn apart with lots of blood everywhere. My wounds were healed but I still needed to clean myself.

I went into the pack house through the back entrance as everyone was resting and I didn't wanna disturb anyone. It had been a tough war for everybody. I went into my room, took a shower and changed my clothes.

'What the heck are you doing?' my wolf growled. 'What do you mean by that?' I asked him.

'GO TO MATE!' my wolf growled. 'She has woken up. She is fine now.' I said to him.

'Why did you wait the entire night in the hospital if you wanted to leave?' my wolf asked me. 'Because I wanted to make sure she was ok. She is fine and that's all that matters.' I said to him.

My wolf kept growling and whining all the time to be with his mate. 'JUST SHUT UP!' I said to him after losing my temper. 'WHEN IT COMES TO ALPHA DUTIES YOU GO AHEAD AND BE SO UNDERSTANDING AND MATURE. WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU WHEN MATE COMES AROUND! YOU AND I HAVE A FULL IDEA THAT THIS CAN BE THE LAST TIME WE WILL MEET HER IN PERSON. THIS WHOLE MARCUS THING IS OVER NOW. THERE IS NO REASON TO SEE HER NOW.

WE WILL MEET HER AND SHE WILL LEAVE. THOSE THOUSAND KNIVES WILL BE STABBED IN OUR HEART AGAIN. I WANT TO AVOID HER BECAUSE IF I SPEND MORE TIME WITH HER IT WILL BE HARD FOR BOTH OF US TO LET HER GO. AGAIN. NOW GROW UP AND SHUT UP.' I said to my wolf and he started whimpering.

I immediately felt bad and wanted to apologise to him. 'I understand Sebastien. I will not be like that anymore.' he said to me and shut the link.

I calmed down and got up to drink water. I heard a knock on my door.

I went to answer it and saw my beta standing there. He had a few scars but looked alright. 'Where have you been?!' he said and I looked at him confused.

'Your mate wants to meet you.' he said and I was surprised. What?! Me and my wolf thought at the same time.

Reluctantly I made my way to the hospital again.